RBC InvestEase brings convenience, speed and simplicity to fit Canadians' busy lifestyles
TORONTO, Nov. 29, 2018 /CNW/ - Canadians who are sitting on the sidelines – unsure how to invest or what to invest in – today have a new digital investment advice service to help them build their financial futures: RBC InvestEase.
Now available across Canada, RBC InvestEase combines the best of digital automation and RBC expert advice. This new digital investment service gives you an investment portfolio recommendation online in minutes. Once your account is opened, the RBC InvestEase team does all the work – monitoring and automatically rebalancing your portfolio throughout the year as needed.
"Canadians told us they are looking for a new way to invest that fits into their busy lifestyles. They want a convenient automated advice solution that is available whenever they are ready to get started," explained Stuart Rutledge, Senior Vice-President, Personal Savings & Investments, RBC. "They also told us they want to be hands-off, with experts making decisions for them, and easy access to an expert, if needed. We listened and RBC InvestEase is our response."
Rutledge added, "We know investing can seem complex and that's why we've simplified the experience, backed by RBC expertise. Whether you're just getting started or an investor looking for a new approach, we want Canadians to know investing can be this easy."
This is what RBC InvestEase is:
- RBC's new online investment advice service provides automated advice and recommendations, in addition to ongoing portfolio management. Clients also have access to a team of accredited Portfolio Advisors, who are available by phone to answer any questions.
- RBC InvestEase is designed for digitally-savvy Canadians who want an online experience and who are comfortable with experts making decisions on their behalf. Clients can track their progress online at their convenience.
This is how it works:
- Based on your responses to a short online questionnaire, RBC InvestEase matches you with an investment portfolio recommendation that corresponds to one of five 'risk profiles', ranging from very conservative to aggressive growth.
- Once your account is open and funded, RBC InvestEase builds a portfolio comprised of low-cost ETFs (exchange-traded funds) and manages it for you.
- From there, your portfolio is continuously monitored and automatically rebalanced to help keep you on track. You can check your progress online, at your convenience.
- RBC InvestEase also provides you with access to a team of live, accredited Portfolio Advisors if you have any questions, or need advice or insights.
This is the investment that gets you started:
- You begin with as little as $1,000 in a TFSA, an RRSP or a non-registered account.
- RBC InvestEase portfolios invest in index ETFs developed by RBC Global Asset Management – the largest asset manager in Canada.
This is our management fee – and the waiver we're offering:
- You will pay only 0.5% per year in management fees on your investment balances.
- We're waiving our management fee until October 31, 2019 if you sign up between November 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
RBC InvestEase adds digitally-automated investment advice to the suite of investing options offered to RBC clients, which range from 'no advice' do-it-yourself investing to full service advice. Other investing and savings innovations launched recently by RBC include:
- MyAdvisor, which digitally connects clients with an in-market Advisor for real-time advice – in person, by phone and soon by video – and to view and adjust a dynamic dashboard showing the client's savings and investment goals.
- NOMI, which delivers AI-driven financial insights and a fully automated savings solution for RBC Mobile app clients. NOMI Find & Save finds extra money within clients' cash flow and sets it aside for them automatically.
For more information about RBC InvestEase, please visit www.rbcinvestease.com.
About RBC InvestEase
RBC InvestEase provides online discretionary investment management services, to meet the needs of investors looking for an easy and convenient digital solution for how they receive investment advice. We provide an online investing experience that is easy – from opening an account and getting started online to receiving portfolio recommendations and ongoing management of a client's investments. RBC InvestEase Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada. More information is available at www.rbcinvestease.com.
SOURCE RBC Royal Bank
For further information: Media contact: Kathy Bevan, RBC Corporate Communications, 416-974-8820, firstname.lastname@example.org