Spend Family Day on the ice with RBC Olympians and NHL Greats
TORONTO, Feb. 12, 2015 /CNW/ - RBC invites Ontarians across the province to join Olympic gold medalists, former NHL hockey stars and RBC employees on the ice Monday, February 16, 2015 for 36 free RBC Family Day Skates. Figure skaters, hockey players and first time skaters alike are encouraged to lace up their skates and come out for a free spin on the ice while enjoying hot chocolate and other surprises.
On top of spending the day together, families are invited to help RBC break the Guinness World Record for 'Largest Skating Lesson' at Toronto's Harbourfront Centre, with registration starting at 10 a.m.
"Four years ago, RBC was inspired by the Family Day holiday to host a free event allowing families to spend time together being active," said Olympic figure skater Patrick Chan, who will be at Harbourfront Centre from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. "I am looking forward spending time out on the ice, meeting young skaters, and helping to make history by breaking the Guinness World Record."
Thirty-six RBC Family Day Skates will take place across the province – from Sudbury to Windsor. Free hot chocolate, give-aways and autograph sessions are just a few of the exciting surprises scheduled. Fellow RBC Olympians and hockey greats will join in at events across the province including:
- Wendel Clark, Jennifer Botterill, Caroline Ouellette and Kevin Rempel at Toronto's Harbourfront Centre (from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and Ryerson's Mattamy Athletic Centre (from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Wendel Clark only)
- Jess Dube at Mississauga's Celebration Square (from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m.)
- Jayna Hefford at Scarborough Centennial Recreation Centre (from 1 to 3 p.m.)
- Lori Dupuis at East Toronto's Shops at Don Mills (from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and Ted Reeve Arena in Burlington (from 12 to 1 p.m.)
- Rick Vaive at Mississauga's Huron Mark (from 10:30 a.m. to noon) and Celebration Square (from 1 to 3 p.m.)
- Todd Warriner at Ajax Arena (from 11 a.m. to noon) and Pickering Arena (from 1 to 2 p.m.)
- Geraldine Heaney at Bradford's West Gwillimbury Leisure Centre (from (9:40 to 11:20 a.m.) and King City Arena (from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.)
- Mark Osborne at Markham's Civic Centre (from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) Milliken Mills in Markham (from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.)
For full details including times and locations for all 36 RBC Family Day Skates visit http://www.rbc.com/familyday.
SOURCE RBC Royal Bank - Public Affairs & Community Relations
For further information: Ciaran Dickson, RBC, 416-313-7947, [email protected]