MONTREAL, Feb. 5, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Looking for an activity to escape the winter cold and dreaming of summer fun? Head to the Montreal Boat and Water Sports Show, which will be held from February 6th to 9th at Place Bonaventure. Presented by the Quebec Marine Association (QMA), this event is the largest of its kind in Quebec with more than 450 boats, nearly 275 exhibitors and an average of 30 000 visitors. The 2014 Boat Show has been diversified in order to fully satisfy all water sports, boat, fishing and nature lovers.
Results of a new statistical abstract
The QMA reveals for the opening of the Show results of a new statistical abstract on recreational boating conduct by the National Marine Manufacturer's Association (2013 Canadian Statistical Abstract, NMMA). According to it, 15 million Canadian adults, equating to 44 % of the population, went boating last year. Furthermore, the retail sales of new boats and outboard engines totaled $2 billion in 2013. Winning in popularity, pontoons outboard retail sales increased 12 % last year and 23 % in 2012. Why this interest? It is a family-friendly boat. Being open air, many like the "sitting room on water" and "camping on water" feeling.
- A wide variety of water sports such as scuba diving, kitesurfing and stand up paddle board;
- Boats of all kinds, including large luxury yachts;
- World-class destinations for summer holidays including 15 nautical stations, the St. Lawrence water trail as well as various national historic canals;
- All the latest in high-technology and accessories
- New this year, a whole pavilion devoted to marinas, ports of call and clubs Entertainment for the whole family
- An autograph session with Francis Bouillon, star defenseman for the Montreal Canadiens, who will share is passion with visitors for boating and water sports (February, 9th)
- Great speakers (navigators, explorers and sailors) including Damian Foxall, one of the world's top offshore sailors
Place Bonaventure - 800, de la Gauchetière West, Montreal
February 6th to 9th (Thursday, Friday - 11am to 9pm; Saturday - 10am to 8pm and Sunday - 10am to 6pm)
Seniors / Student: $12
Children (under 12 years old): free
Families (2 adults and 2 teens from 13 to 17 years old): $30
Special 2 for 1: Saturdays from 5pm to 8pm
SOURCE: Salon du bateau et des sports nautiques
For further information:
Passes will be available at the reception desk for media representatives who want to visit the Show.
For photos: www.flickr.com/photos/nautismequebec
For information, interview or visual, please contact:
Head, Communications and Public Relations
Quebec Marine Association
Cell.: 514 895-2211