TORONTO, May 28, 2015 /CNW/ - Skills for Change will host a press conference at 11 am on Friday, May 29th, 2015 to introduce the 2015 Pioneers of Change Awards Recipients. The Pioneers for Change (PfC) Fundraiser Gala and Awards will take place on Thursday June 11th, 2015, at the St James Cathedral Hall in Toronto.
Award Recipients include:
- Dr. Winnie Ng, Unifor Sam Gindin Chair in Social Justice and Democracy, Ryerson University - Women in Leadership
- Geetha Moorthy, Founder and Executive Director, South Asian Autism Awareness Centre - Excellence in Social Impact
- Shyam Selvadurai, Acclaimed Author - Excellence in Arts
- Itah Sadu, Bookstore Entrepreneur - Excellence in Entrepreneurship
- Gerard Keledjian, Founder and Executive Producer, New Horizons Media - Excellence in Innovation
- Peter Sloly, Deputy Chief of Toronto Police - Excellence in Community Engagement
For over 20 years, the PfC Fundraiser Gala and Awards has been acknowledging the remarkable contributions that immigrants have made in Canada. All proceeds this year will go towards programming for immigrant women and youth, in particular the launch of SfC's Inter-generational Health Awareness Program for Newcomer Women.
Skills for Change would like to thank our lead sponsors, Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA), and Princess Auto, as well as all of our sponsors for their continued support.
Press Conference Details
Date & Time: 11 am, Friday, 29 May, 2015
Venue: Skills for Change, 791 St. Clair West, Toronto, Ontario M6C 1B7
PfC website: http://pioneersforchange.ca/
Tickets to fundraiser: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/pioneers-for-change-event-tickets-16656459920.
Skills for Change website: http://skillsforchange.org/
Skills for Change is a United Way agency, funded by the Government of Canada, Government of Ontario and the City of Toronto.
SOURCE Skills for Change
For further information: Sampada Kukade at firstname.lastname@example.org, 647-293-4445