Quebec hosts an important conference on school readiness and school
QUEBEC CITY, Nov. 10 /CNW Telbec/ - Media are invited to attend the conference entitled "School Readiness and School Success: From research to policy and practice," which will take place on November 12 and 13, at the Hotel Château Laurier Québec, in Quebec City.
Organized jointly by the Strategic Knowledge Cluster on Early Child Development and the Centre of Excellence for Early Childhood Development, this conference will highlight factors observed in early childhood that influence or determine school readiness and school success, notably language development, social skills, and parental involvement. Various programs and practices that foster the transition to school and school success will also be presented.
The conference will welcome more than 230 participants-early childhood professionals, teachers, service providers, policy makers, researchers, and parents-from different regions of Canada.
Date: November 12 - 13, 2009
Place: Hotel Château Laurier, Quebec City
Salle des Plaines
- Karen Bierman, Pennsylvania State University
- Michel Boivin, Université Laval
- France Capuano, Université du Québec à Montréal
- Sylvana Côté, Université de Montréal
- Ray DeV. Peters, Queen's University
- Adele Diamond, University of British Columbia
- Ginette Dionne, Université Laval
- Jennifer Jenkins, University of Toronto
- Debora J. Leong, Metropolitain State College of Denver
- François Poulin, Université du Québec à Montréal
- Prentice Starkey, University of California
- Kimberly Sparling, Family Connection for Teaching Strategies
- Frank Vitaro, Université de Montréal
Complete program: http://schoolreadiness.ca/conference
SOURCE CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE FOR CHILDREN'S WELL-BEING
For further information: For further information: or to attend the conference: Jonathan Gendron, (418) 523-3352, extension 222, Cell: (418) 929-2318