/R E P E A T -- Media Advisory/Photo Opportunity - Hundreds of Canadian food lovers to tickle their tastebuds at Artisan Incubator/
20 Jun, 2013, 06:05 ET
~ ACE Bakery & Canada's top culinary names celebrate artisan excellence by bringing 20 culinary artisans from across Canada to Toronto for national showcase ~
TORONTO, June 17, 2013 /CNW/ - Sweet, sour and savoury - the ACE Bakery Artisan Incubator has it all. On June 22, in celebration of its 20th anniversary, ACE Bakery is introducing 20 of the country's greatest emerging culinary artisans to the country's greatest food lovers at its Artisan Incubator Showcase. The event will celebrate the joy of artisan food, the importance of local, sustainable food producers and the vital contributions artisan entrepreneurs make to communities across Canada.
At the Showcase, each artisan will highlight a feature product by sampling a recipe created alongside one of the Artisan Incubator Tastemakers, a group of nine Canadian culinary celebrities (listed below). All nine Tastemakers, including Chef Lynn Crawford and Chef Connie DeSousa, will be in attendance to speak about the artisans, Artisan Incubator and importance of artisan culinary methods. During the evening, ACE Bakery will also announce the two artisans selected to receive future business development support from a range of industry experts.
|WHEN:|| Thursday, June 20, 2013
5:00 - 6:00 p.m. (media preview)
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. (media and private event)
|WHERE:|| Ada Slaight Hall in the Daniels Spectrum
585 Dundas Street East
|WHO:|| Linda Haynes, co-founder, ACE Bakery
Lee Andrews, president, ACE Bakery
ACE Bakery Artisan Incubator Tastemakers:
| - Chef Lynn Crawford, host of the Food Network's Pitchin' In and owner of Ruby Watchco
- Chef Connie DeSousa, finalist on the Food Network's Top Chef Canada and chef and co-owner of CHARCUT Roast House
- Anita Stewart, Canadian culinary activist, author and University of Guelph Food Laureate
- Chef Anne Desjardins, executive chef, co-founder of Hotel-Restaurant-Spa L'eau à la Bouche, Quebec food movement pioneer
- Pete Luckett, owner of gourmet food store, Pete's and Luckett Vineyards
- Chef Lora Kirk, executive chef at Ruby Watchco
- Chef John Jackson, chef and co-owner of CHARCUT Roast House
- Robert McCullough, award-winning lifestyle and food publisher and Random House's preeminent publisher for its recently created lifestyle imprint, Appetite
- Michele Genest, writer of The Boreal Chef cooking column for Yukon, North of Ordinary Magazine
Owners of 20 of Canada's best up-and-coming culinary artisan businesses
| - Twenty engaging food stations featuring unique recipes created by the 20 artisans
- Nine Canadian culinary celebrities working with the artisans and available for interviews
- Hundreds of Canadian food lovers and food industry members sampling the artisan's products and recipes
- Announcement of two artisans chosen to receive further business development support
ABOUT ACE BAKERY:
One of North America's leading artisan bakeries, ACE Bakery opened in 1993 creating hand-made, European-style rustic breads. The gentle shaping of each loaf, long fermentation periods, and a stone deck oven all work to create exceptionally flavourful bread with a pleasing texture and crisp crust. The breads contain no preservatives and are made with the finest ingredients. ACE Bakery's baguettes and artisan breads are available at hundreds of restaurants, hotels, caterers, grocery and gourmet food shops across Canada, throughout the United States and the Caribbean.
Community involvement is an essential part of ACE's philosophy. The company donates a percentage of its net profits to charitable organizations in the principle centres where ACE breads are sold. ACE's focus is on food and nutrition programs that assist low-income members of the community, financing culinary scholarships and supporting organic farming initiatives.
ABOUT BMO FINANCIAL GROUP:
For more than 195 years, BMO Financial Group has believed in community reinvestment and corporate and social responsibility in the communities it serves. In 2012, BMO contributed more than $87.6 million in donations, sponsorships and events in Canada and the United States to groups, organizations and programs that help build and sustain resilient, vital and healthy communities.
ABOUT METROPOLITAN HOTELS:
Metropolitan Hotels operates two luxury properties: SoHo Metropolitan Hotel, Toronto, Ontario and the Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia. With more than 285 rooms, Metropolitan Hotels is committed to providing luxury accommodation for business and leisure travellers seeking an independent choice. A member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Metropolitan Hotels strives to provide superior service with distinctive accommodations. Award-winning restaurants at Metropolitan Hotels include Senses (SoHo Metropolitan Hotel) and Diva at the Met (Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver).
SOURCE: ACE Bakery
For further information:
Kate Kurys | Citizen Optimum | [email protected] | 416 934-8020
Marika Pick | ACE Bakery | [email protected] | 416 241-3600 x.384
Share this article