CALGARY, Oct. 21, 2015 /CNW/ - WestJet invites members of the media to tour the airline's second custom-painted, Disney-themed aircraft today at its Calgary hangar. The plane, which arrived in Calgary yesterday, is inspired by Disney's Frozen and features Anna, Elsa and Olaf in one of the most attractive aircraft liveries in the skies today.
WHAT: Tour of exterior and interior of WestJet's Disney Frozen-themed plane
WHEN: TODAY, Wednesday, October 21, 2015, at 12 noon MDT
WHERE: WestJet hangar, 22 Aerial Place NE, Calgary, AB
NOTE: Please report to the WestJet welcome desk in the lobby of the Fred Ring (main campus office) Building to check in prior to being escorted to the hangar.
Fun facts about the #DisneyFrozenThemedPlane:
- The aircraft was painted in Fort Worth, Texas.
- The paint team included team members from Canada, the United States and Germany. They watched Frozen to get them into the spirit before work began.
- The job took 21 days of 12-hour rotations involving a constant crew of six painters working 24/7.
- The crew used 643.5 litres of paint consisting of 23 colours -- five for the umbrella alone.
- Sparkles were added to the paint in sections to add shimmer and shine as the aircraft moves.
- An airbrush artist was brought in to work on details around the sun, water and castle.
- The inside of the aircraft has decals and headrest covers that mimic the cold-to-warm (back-to-front) theme on the outside of the aircraft.
- There are 54 separate overhead bin doors on the aircraft and each has a unique Frozen decal.
- Several dozen bagels were consumed during the painting of this aircraft (there weren't any doughnut stores nearby). The crew drank more than 100 litres of sweet tea.
For further information:
Media contact: [email protected]