MISSISSAUGA, ON, Feb. 28, 2016 /CNW/ - With the 25,000th Syrian refugee having arrived in Canada since November 4, 2015, the Honourable John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, and the Honourable Maryam Monsef, Member of the Cabinet Ad Hoc Committee on Refugees and Minister of Democratic Institutions, will be available to the media to provide a review and update of the Syrian refugee effort.
Date: Monday, February 29, 2016
Photo opportunity: 4:00 p.m. (local time)*
News conference: 4:30 p.m. (local time)
Toronto Pearson International Airport
2710 Britannia Road East
Across the street from Cargo 3 Building, through Gate V411F
Notes for media:
- Please note that there is no parking available within the terminal gates.
- *A media pool with limited space will be established on site. Please arrive no later than 3:30 p.m.
- Journalists must bring photo ID and media accreditation.
- Out-of-town journalists can also dial in to participate in the news conference.
- Participant dial-in numbers:
- Local: 613-960-7526
- Toll-free from Canada and U.S.:
- Pass code: 8251928
- International callers must dial the local phone number for proper access.
SOURCE Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
For further information: (media only): Media Relations, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, National Headquarters, 613-952-1650, CIC-Media-Relations@cic.gc.ca