MONTREAL, Dec. 12, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The Société de développement social de Ville-Marie (SDSVM), the STM, the Fondation Armand J. Bombardier, the Makivik Corporation, the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles and the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux invite journalists to a media briefing on Monday, December 16, at 11 a.m., to announce the extension of the first service point for the homeless to five downtown metro stations for a three-year period. Attending the event will be Diane De Courcy, Minister for Immigration and Cultural Communities, and Denis Coderre, mayor of Montreal.
There will be a presentation of the results of phase one, which led to the expansion of this service. The positive results demonstrate the relevance of continuing efforts to create social cohesion in order to deal with problems of homelessness. New funding and partnerships will also be announced, and a corporate video explaining this initiative will be presented.
What: Media briefing—Expansion of service centre for the homeless
When: Monday, December 16, 2013, 11 a.m.
Where: Glass court, Place-des-Arts metro (enter by Jeanne-Mance)
Who: The following people will speak at the briefing:
- Damien Silès, executive director, Société de développement social de Ville-Marie
- Andy Moorhouse, corporate secretary and member of the executive committee, Makivik Corporation
- Dr. Nicolas Bergeron, chair of the board of the MDM and psychiatrist at CHUM
- Philippe Schnobb, chair of the board, Société de transports de Montréal
- Denis Coderre, mayor of Montreal
- Diane De Courcy, Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities and Minister responsible for the French-language Charter
SOURCE: Société de développement social de Ville-Marie
For further information:
Project director, SDSVM