OTTAWA and GATINEAU, QC, Nov. 27, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), in collaboration with the National Film Board of Canada (NFB), will host an event in Vancouver, on December 1, 2015 to kick-start a discussion on the discoverability of content.
The half-day event known as En route to the Discoverability Summit: Content in the Age of Abundance, will gather experts from a variety of fields to generate preliminary ideas and strategies leading to the Discoverability Summit in May 2016
This event will focus on English-language markets.
Date: December 1, 2015
Time: from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: The Chan Centre for Performing Arts, University of British Columbia, 6265 Crescent Road, Vancouver
Moderator: Nora Young, host and creator of Spark on CBC Radio
Keynote speaker: Tony Chapman, Founder and CEO of Tony Chapman Reactions
- Sara Diamond, President and Vice-Chancellor, OCAD University
- Ashkan Karbasfrooshan, CEO and Editor-in-Chief, WatchMojo
- Moyra Rodger, Founder and CEO, Magnify Digital and Out To See Entertainment Inc.
- Tessa Sproule, CEO, co-founder, Vubble
- Ling Lin, Head of YouTube Content Partnerships, Canada
- Nathan Wiszniak, Label Relations, Spotify Canada
Note: Moderators, speakers and experts will be available for interviews on site
For media interested in attending the event please contact Media Relations at 819-997-9403 or [email protected] by Monday, November 30 at 5:00 p.m. A Media accreditation desk will be set up at the entrance of the event.
For media outlets interested in setting up camera equipment please contact us to make advance arrangements.
- Follow the CRTC (@CRTCEng) and NFB (@theNFB) on twitter
- Use the hashtag #discoverability
- Visit www.discoverability.ca
Follow and Like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/crtceng
- Biographies and agenda for Vancouver En Route pre-event
- Biographies and agenda for Montreal En Route pre-event
- En route to the Discoverability Summit: Content in the Age of Abundance. Vancouver event video
- En route to the Discoverability Summit: Content in the Age of Abundance. Montreal event video
SOURCE Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
For further information: please contact: CRTC Media Relations: Tel: 819-997-9403, Fax: 819-997-4245, [email protected]