Fostering the Spirit of Entrepreneurship!
QUÉBEC CITY, June 12, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The 19th Desjardins Grand Prize Gala of the OSEntreprendre Challenge is slated for Thursday, June 14 at Québec City's Palais Montcalm. Thirty-four prizes representing a total value of nearly $200 000 will be awarded to the winners at the provincial level, who have competed against finalists from all 17 regions of Québec.
Hosted by Charles Lafortune, this major event will take place in the presence of the OSEntreprendre spokesman Dominique Brown, CEO of Chocolats Favoris; Lise Thériault, Deputy Premier, Minister responsible for Small and Medium Enterprises, Regulatory Streamlining and Regional Economic Development, Minister responsible for the Status of Women; Sébastien Proulx, Minister of Education, Recreation and Sports and Minister of Families; Karine Vallières, Member for Richmond and Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier (youth); and Marie-Claude Boisvert, and Marie-Claude Boisvert, Executive Vice-President, Business Services, Desjardins Group, presenting partner of the event ness Services, Desjardins Group, presenting partner of the event.
The Gala is a unique opportunity to :
- Meet in one place 250 new and motivated creative entrepreneurs from all 17 regions of Québec;
- Listen to the touching and colorful stories of young entrepreneurs from 6 to 17 years, for which the experience of entrepreneurship has changed something in their lives and in their communities;
- Spot new personalities and original content: regional entrepreneurs portraits, innovative and promising companies, reports on youth entrepreneurship, etc.;
- and be ringside to see the faces of tomorrow's Québec entrepreneurship!
THE GALA AT A GLANCE
The 19th Desjardins Grand Prize Gala of the OSEntreprendre Challenge
- 250 finalists: New entrepreneurs and students from all regions
- Dominique Brown, the Challenge's spokesman and CEO of Chocolats Favoris
- Manon Théberge, President-Director General of the Challenge
- The 5 finalists of the Successful Business inc. Prize (The biggest prize of the evening with a value of $ 25,000)
- Lise Thériault, Deputy Premier, Minister responsible for Small and Medium Enterprises, Regulatory Streamlining and Regional Economic Development, Minister responsible for the Status of Women
- Sébastien Proulx, Minister of Education, Recreation and Sports and Minister of Families
- Karine Vallières, Member for Richmond and Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier (youth)
- Marie-Claude Boisvert, Executive Vice-President, Business Services, Desjardins Group, presenting partner of the event ness Services, Desjardins Group, presenting partner of the event
On Wednesday June 14th, starting at :
- 1:30 p.m. – ‟Réseau express"
- 2:45 p.m. – ‟Témoignages de Réussites" with speaker Dominique Brown, and the finalists of the Successful Business inc. Prize
- 5:00 p.m. for the cocktail reception followed by the awards evening from 18 h 20
Palais Montcalm de Québec, 995, place D'Youville
Our mission is to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship in order to help build a proud, innovative, committed and prosperous Québec. This is made possible with the financial support of such committed partners as Desjardins Group and the Québec government (respectively, our presenting and chief partners), the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur, the Ministère de l'Économie, de la Science et de l'Innovation, the Secrétariat à la jeunesse, the Secrétariat à la condition féminine, the Fonds de Recherche du Québec, Vidéotron Business Solutions, Les Affaires, the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Gaz Métro, the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés (CPA) du Québec, Chocolats Favoris, Saputo and Spektrum Média.
The OSEntreprendre Challenge
The OSEntreprendre Challenge, the organization's main activity, is a major entrepreneurship competition that makes it possible to identify and promote entrepreneurial initiatives. Through its Student Entrepreneurship division, which recognizes young people from elementary school all the way through to university, and its Business Creation division, which supports new entrepreneurs, the Challenge draws participants who have the courage to put their ideas into action. A tremendous sense of pride along with $700 000 in cash prizes are the rewards on offer for the winners at the local, regional and provincial levels. The provincial winners in the two divisions will be announced at the Desjardins Grand Prize Gala, which will be held in Québec City on Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
SOURCE Défi OSEntreprendre
For further information: Audrey Bouchard, email@example.com - 418 956-4074