MONTRÉAL, July 8, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - The Fondation Centre de cancérologie Charles-Bruneau is proud to invite media representatives to take part in the celebrations marking the grand arrival, in Boucherville, of the cyclists taking part in the 20e Tour CIBC Charles-Bruneau. The Tour's 10 spokespersons – Pierre Bruneau, Ginette Bruneau, Alexandre Dubé, Luce Dufault, Pierre Jobin, Paul Doucet, Hugo Giroux, Julie Marcoux, Marie-Claude Sabourin and Eve Landry – and the cyclists are slated to arrive at Parc de la Mairie in Boucherville at 3:30 p.m. A closing ceremony including the announcement of the proceeds raised will be held, along with a show presented by Québecor marking the event's 20th anniversary. The show will feature Liana Bureau and Rémi Chassé, Les Vikings and Richard Petit, and Yelo Molo. Animated activities for the entire family and a large BBQ offered courtesy of IGA will be held.
Grand arrival, closing ceremony and 20th anniversary show
FRIDAY, JULY 10, 2015 AT 3:30 P.M.
Parc de la Mairie de Boucherville
500 rue de la Rivière-aux-Pins, Boucherville
Interviews and official photos on site
The event will take place in the presence of:
- Pierre Bruneau, spokesperson for the Fondation Centre de cancérologie Charles-Bruneau
- Ginette Bruneau, mother of Charles Bruneau and spokesperson for the Discovery Trek
- Paul Doucet, actor and spokesperson for the Trek for Hope
- Luce Dufault, performer and spokesperson for the Trek for Solidarity
- Alexandre Dubé, television columnist with Salut, Bonjour! and spokesperson for the Trek for Solidarity
- Pierre Jobin, TVA/Québec news anchor and spokesperson for the Trek for a Cure
- Hugo Giroux, actor and spokesperson for the Trek for a Cure
- Julie Marcoux, LCN news anchor and spokesperson for the Trek for Courage
- Eve Landry, actor and spokesperson for the Trek for Courage
- Marie-Claude Sabourin, actor and spokesperson for the Discovery Trek
- Louis-François Marcotte, chef and invited personality on the Generosity Trek
- Richard Petit, singer-song writer
- Liana Beaulieu, singer
- Rémi Chassé, singer
Please note that our spokespersons, the cyclists and our young heros will be available for interviews. To request an interview, please contact Catherine Duplantie at 514 825-2553 or Marie-Claude Lachance, director of events and communications, at 514 219-6350.
About the Tour CIBC Charles-Bruneau
The Tour CIBC Charles-Bruneau has been among the largest fundraising events in Québec for the last 20 years. Thanks to its partners and cyclists, the event has generated close to $15 million since 1995. For further information, please visit charlesbruneau.qc.ca/tour-cibc.
About the Fondation Centre de cancérologie Charles-Bruneau
Over the last 25 years, the Fondation has invested $50 million in research and in the construction and development of and the acquisition of equipment for the Centre as well as three pediatric oncology units.
The Fondation is proud to have established these specialized facilities, which are better adapted to the needs of families, and it now intends to make the most of its investments in the development of the research.
Two objectives will serve to guide researchers: curing the 20% of children whose cancer is resistant to treatment, and improving the quality of life of children in remission so that they can achieve a true cure, free of side-effects and complications. To find out more, please visit charlesbruneau.qc.ca.
To make a donation
The public can show support for children with cancer by encouraging the cyclists with a donation. In order to make a donation, dial 1 877 256-0404 or visit charlesbruneau.qc.ca/tour-cibc. During the month of July, donations can also be made via text message by texting TOUR at 20222.
SOURCE Fondation Centre de cancérologie Charles-Bruneau
For further information: Information: Marie-Claude Lachance, Director of events and communications, Fondation Centre de cancérologie , Charles-Bruneau, Tél. 514 256-0404, poste 230, Cell. 514 219-6350, [email protected]; Interview requests : Catherine Duplantie, Consultant, Morin Relations Publiques, Cell. 514-825-2553, [email protected]