MONTREAL, Oct. 2, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - This Saturday, La Ronde will transform itself into the scariest attraction in Montreal for the 13th annual Fright Fest®. Guests will see the park mutate into a ghoulish playground with more new attractions and scare zones than ever before! During the day, the young and young-at-heart are invited to take part in numerous family activities, including the all-new Spider Nest. Many other activities will build up the fright factor during the day. When the clock strikes 5 p.m., nearly 100 creatures are released to haunt the park and all who dare to enter.
Four Scare Zones and Haunted Houses
With a total of four free scare zones, filled with wandering characters and zombies, guests can also venture through four haunted houses, each with their own unique theme designed to make them scream for their lives.
- The Dolls' House: Your favorite childhood toys come to life to wander around the halls of this creepy doll house. You'll have to wind your way through the rooms this nightmarish doll house full of hybrids- a mixture of humans and toys. You'll be stalked around every twisting corner by possessed dolls, demonic playthings, and freaky living toys.
- District 510: Dare to enter where most humans have to be dragged in. Battle with mad scientists desperate to push the limits of the unknown by conducting experiments on humans.
- Massacre Museum: This abandoned building is a testimony to the worst atrocities known to date. Malevolent spirits and beings come together for the sole purpose of tormenting visitors.
- Death Row: In this high security prison, one never knows who puts down the law: the guards or the prisoners. Escaping might just be your only way out…
New scares for 2014!
Over the next few weeks, La Ronde becomes a real "scream park," courtesy of these frighteningly fun attractions:
- Zombie Camp: A terrible plague has infected the world, and observation camps are being set up to help minimize the spread of a fatal virus. However, healthy humans are quickly turned into mutated flesh-eating zombies that haunt the living. Follow our training guides for your only hope to fight against the human-eaters and avoid getting the infection.
- Deadwood Ghost town: Trapped in 1845, at a time when Fort Edmonton was named Deadwood, four residents that lost their lives in very strange circumstances are still "living" like nothing has happened. Featuring Mayor Mayhem, Sally Slayer, Barbie Bloodshed and Cadaver Carl. Don't ask them how they died. They don't know.
- Chainsaw Guys: Two maniacs with chainsaws will relentlessly haunt you throughout the park because they wish to complete their collection of freshly cut humans. Run away as soon as you hear the noise of their tools!
Fright Fest at La Ronde also offers a number of attractions for young ghouls and goblins.
- Toddlers will be entertained by Ribambelle and friends during an all-new amusing medley and a funny play.
- Our giant spider is watching over her nest and numerous offspring in her Spider Nest. Kids will try to go through her nest without touching her elaborately woven webs.
- When stepping into The Zombiethèque, our in-house makeup factory, visitors of all ages will undergo a "monstrous" transformation.
La Ronde will be open every weekend through November 2, including Thanksgiving Monday, October 13 and on Halloween, October 31. Opening hours vary during this period. Visit laronde.com for a complete schedule.
To gain entry to the haunted houses, be sure to get the Fright Pass, which allows same-day access to all four haunted houses. Additional charges apply.
Guests 12 years of age and older are not permitted to attend the event in costume.
Fright Fest at La Ronde, every weekend from October 4 to November 2, including Thanksgiving Monday and Friday October 31.
About La Ronde and Six Flags: La Ronde is the property of Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, the world's largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, and spectacular events such as Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit sixflags.com.
Photos available upon request.
Video with caption: "Fright Fest". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20141002_C2409_VIDEO_EN_6262.mp4&posterurl=http%3A%2F%2Fphotos.newswire.ca%2Fimages%2F20141002_C2409_VIDEO_EN_6262.jpg&order=1&jdd=20141002&cnum=C2409
Image with caption: "Fright Fest (CNW Group/La Ronde)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141002_C2409_PHOTO_EN_6260.jpg
Image with caption: "Fright Fest (CNW Group/La Ronde)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141002_C2409_PHOTO_EN_6261.jpg
SOURCE: La Ronde
For further information: Jules Hébert, Communications Manager, La Ronde, 514-397-2001, ext. 2703, [email protected]