/R E P E A T -- FIGMENT's Fourth Fabulous Free Festival/
Jul 18, 2016, 08:00 ET
TORONTO, July 12, 2016 /CNW/ - Have you ever wanted to become a human piano? Ever wanted ride around on a bicycle made out of drums, bells and whistles? Have you ever dreamed of creating – or becoming - a piece of art for the day? Come to FIGMENT this summer and let your imagination come to life! Hosted on Olympic Island, July 23rd and 24th, this FREE festival of interactive and participatory art makes the world your gallery, with over 50 installations where you can touch, talk, dance, smell, engage and help create the art. Highlights of this year include:
- Musical Bike Ride (Phil Sarazen), a gigantic colourful musical contraption to climb, ride and play
- Island Tales (23 kg 50 lb) – share your stories of the Island, which will be bound into a book and available online after the festival
- Learn how to hula hoop and do circus tricks
- Musical shenanigans, like People Piano (Dave Braun) where participants become a human keyboard using the power of circuitry
- Back by audience demand: David Hynes' Conundrum (it's a canoe! It's a drum!) and Geordie Lishman's Sphinx, the life-size mechanical flying horse
- And much, much more!
Born in 2007 as a free, one-day participatory arts event in New York City, FIGMENT has grown significantly each year and now has events across the U.S., in Australia and England. Toronto is Canada's first and only Figment city. FIGMENT's goal is simple: bring the art to the people and let them play. Admission is 100% free and open to everyone of all ages. Located on beautiful Olympic Island, beside the Centre Island ferry dock, FIGMENT is a family-friendly, pet-friendly, all-ages oasis of creative fun. Bing a picnic, bring all your friends, bring your imagination and come play with us!
Want to get involved? Go to http://toronto.figmentproject.org/volunteer and join us as a volunteer.
Want to submit a project? Go to http://toronto.figmentproject.org/submit_a_project and submit your piece - Deadline is July15th at midnight.
SOURCE FIGMENT Toronto
For further information: Email: [email protected]; Web: www.toronto.figmentproject.org
Share this article