LAVAL, QC, Dec. 19, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Once again this year, on December 24 and 31, the Société de transport de Laval (STL) is offering free rides on all its buses. In this way, it wants to thank its transit users for their loyalty and to play an active role in efforts to prevent drinking and driving.
But one gift leads to another! In fact, on these two free days, the STL is encouraging its riders to make a donation aboard the bus. Proceeds will be forwarded to the Boomerang Committee and will be used to distribute breakfast snacks to needy children in Laval.
At the STL, we put our heart into everything!
The STL, facts and figures
- The STL operates over 20 million runs annually.
- The STL has rolled out its STLSynchro system, which informs transit users, in real time, about bus schedules and progress along the routes.
- The overhaul of its bus network, made necessary by the extension of the metro to Laval, has given rise to a 32% increase in service, faster trips, more direct bus routes and a greater frequency of buses outside rush hours, on evenings and weekends along 12 routes.
- The STL has also joined forces with the Association québécoise de lutte contre la pollution atmosphérique, Communauto and the Carpooling Network, to promote sustainable transportation in Laval.
- The fare policy is particularly designed to encourage families to use public transit: All adults paying their fare on weekends and holidays may be accompanied, free of charge, by up to five children age 11 and under. This policy also applies to every day in the summer, July 1 - Labour Day. In addition, the STL's $1 fares on summer smog days are a first in Québec.
- All vehicles on its fleet use biodiesel B5.
- The STL is registered on Twitter and has its own Facebook page, where it announces service notices.
- The STL offers riders the opportunity to register on MySTL in order to receive notices on the bus routes that they usually take.
- Since the roll-out, in 2009, of its vehicle scheduling control system, the STL's on-time performance rates continue to improve and, to date, it has succeeded in achieving rates of over 92%.
- The STL has received a number of awards of distinction, including one from the AQTR in 2010: the Grand Prix for excellence in mass transit, positioning it as an outstanding corporation.
- In 2011, the STL was honoured with the AQTR's general public communication award for its Smog Alert program.
- A new program—STL Sustainable Mobility Solution—was launched in May 2012. This program is designed for organizations concerned with finding ways of more efficiently managing their employees' commuting.
- In May 2012, the STL was honoured with the 2012 Corporate Leadership Award in the Innovation category, for its CLIC carpooling project with electric vehicles.
SOURCE: SOCIETE DE TRANSPORT DE LAVAL
For further information:
Director, Communications and Marketing
Société de transport de Laval