LAVAL, QC, Dec. 23 /CNW Telbec/ - Once again this year, on December 24 and 31, the Société de transport de Laval (STL) is offering free rides on all its buses. In this way, it wants to thank its transit users for their loyalty and to play an active role in efforts to prevent drinking and driving.
But one gift leads to another! In fact, on these two free days, the STL is encouraging its riders to make a donation aboard the bus. Proceeds will be forwarded to the Boomerang Committee and will be used to distribute breakfast snacks to needy children in Laval.
At the STL, we put our heart into everything!
The STL, facts and figures
- The STL operates over 20 million runs annually.
- The STL has rolled out its STLSynchro system, which informs transit users, in real time, about bus schedules and progress along the routes.
- The overhaul of the bus network, made necessary by the extension of the metro to Laval, gave rise to a 28% increase in service, faster trips and more direct bus routes.
- The frequency of buses outside rush hours, on evenings and weekends, has doubled on 12 routes since August 2009.
- The fare policy is particularly designed to encourage families to use public transit: All adults paying their fare on weekends and holidays may be accompanied, free of charge, by up to five children age 11 and under. This policy also applies to every day in the summer, July 1 - Labour Day. In addition, the STL's $1 fares on summer smog days are a first in Québec.
- All vehicles on its fleet use biodiesel B5.
- The STL has its own page on Facebook, where it announces service notices, and is registered on Twitter.
- The STL offers riders the opportunity to register on MySTL to receive notices on the bus routes that they usually take.
- Since the roll-out, in 2009, of its vehicle scheduling control system, the STL's on-time performance has been on the rise, to over 92%.
- The STL has received a number of awards of distinction, including one from the AQTR: the Grand Prix for excellence in mass transit, positioning it as an outstanding corporation.
For further information: For further information:
Director, Communications & Marketing
Société de transport de Laval