/R E P E A T -- Celebrate Canada Day at the Royal Canadian Mint!/
30 Jun, 2013, 07:00 ET
OTTAWA, June 26, 2013 /CNW/ - The Royal Canadian Mint invites family and friends to celebrate Canada Day with fun activities and entertainment for all ages.
|Where:||Royal Canadian Mint|
|320 Sussex Drive|
| Ottawa, Ontario
|When:||July 1, 2013|
|9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
- Free tours! Learn more about the fascinating world of coin production
- Kids Corner! Have fun with clowns, balloon artists, and face painters
- BBQ Lunch! Priced to please from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., all proceeds will be donated to The Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign
- Token Striking! Create your own free souvenir
- Shop! Browse the Mint's Boutique for great gift ideas and memorabilia.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
Over the past 105 years, the Royal Canadian Mint has emerged as a global leader in minting. A few of its internationally-renowned "firsts" include developing a revolutionary coin-plating process, producing the world's thinnest bi-metallic coin, the purest 99.999% bullion gold coin and first coloured circulation coin in the world.
The Ottawa facility, which occupies the same premises on which the Mint was founded, produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold bullion coins, medals and medallions. It also houses a gold and silver refinery. Established in 1976, the Winnipeg Mint is a high-tech, high-volume manufacturing facility where Canada's circulation coinage is produced, as well as coins for countries around the world.
SOURCE: Royal Canadian Mint
For further information:
Senior Manager, Communications
Royal Canadian Mint
Share this article