TORONTO, Dec. 7, 2011 /CNW Telbec/ - Now in its fortieth year, the Canadian Home Furnishings Market is proud to be once again showcasing high-quality and innovative style from over 325 furniture manufacturers and distributors. Held from January 14th through January 17th 2012, the Market is the only show of its kind in Canada and has become a must-attend trade event for retailers, designers, decorators, suppliers and other furniture industry professionals. Over the past four decades TCHFM has become a reference in home furnishings, turning the spotlight on upcoming trends that are specifically geared toward the interests of Canadian consumers.
"Despite all the changes within our industry and our society, the Market has maintained its relevancy due to what it represents. For 40 years, not only has TCHFM showcased upcoming trends that will attract Canadian consumers, but it has also allowed retailers and suppliers to communicate and share; exchanging information and inspiration at a level that is much deeper than is achieved by email or via a smartphone", says Jean François Michaud, Market CEO.
SCHEDULE AND ACTIVITIES AT A GLANCE
- Welcome Cocktail: Friday, January 13th, from 5 pm to 7 pm. Main entrance of the Conference Centre, International Centre.
- 40th Anniversary Celebration Party: Saturday, January 14th, 6 pm, Hall 5.
- "Creating a Great First and Lasting Impression" Conference with Harold C. Lloyd: Sunday, January 15th: 10 am. Room Orion B, International Centre (free admission with presentation of badge).
- Cocktail SOFA: Sunday, January 15th, 4pm to 6pm, in the hallways of SOFA permanent showrooms, level 2, Hall 1.
- "Design Inspiration for Merchandising Success" Workshop with Janette Ewen: Monday, January 16th: 2 pm. Hall 4A Workshop Area (free admission with presentation of badge).
- Pop-up Vignettes by Janette Ewen - New for 2012: Located throughout the halls of the International Centre, and accessible during official Market hours.
- Trends Display: Accessible during official Market hours, Hall 5.
- Where: International Centre, 6900 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L4V 1E8.
- Market Hours: Saturday, January 14th - Monday, January 16th: 9 am to 6 pm. Tuesday, January 17th: 9 am to 3 pm.
- Press room: Hall 1 - Room Lyra A.
The Canadian Home Furnishings Market is produced by the Quebec Furniture Manufacturers' Association (QFMA). The Market is trade-only and is reserved for industry professionals and is not open to anyone under the age of 16. For more information, please visit www.tchfm.com.
For further information:
or accreditation form request, please contact: