- Show also includes appearances by stars of popular series Bake With Anna Olson, DC Cupcakes, and SugarStars
- North America's only consumer baking and sweets show takes place September 28-30 at the International Centre in Mississauga, ON -
- Tickets now available at CanadasBakingandSweetsShow.com -
TORONTO, July 25, 2012 /CNW/ - Calling all cupcake queens, budding bakers, and everyone with a sweet tooth! Canada's Baking and Sweets Show presented by Redpath Sugar is back, running September 28-30 at the International Centre in Mississauga, ON. Canada's only consumer show dedicated to baking and sweets will feature celebrity guests Duff Goldman from Food Network's Ace of Cakes, presented by PAM Baking Spray; Anna Olson from Food Network Canada's Bake With Anna Olson, presented by E.D. Smith; Katherine and Sophie from TLC's DC Cupcakes, presented by Cake Mate; and Food Network Canada's sweetest new stars, the SugarStars.
Canada's Baking and Sweets Show presented by Redpath Sugar is a one-of-a-kind event catering to those who love to bake and everyone with a sweet tooth. Baking enthusiasts will have the chance to experience, taste, and buy the latest in Canada's baking and sweets universe, as well as take a class with the best in the baking business.
Highlights of this year's Canada's Baking and Sweets Show presented by Redpath Sugar include:
- Baking demonstrations and hands-on classes with some of North America's finest Cake Artists at the Cake Design Academy presented by Virgin Ice Premium Rolled Fondant (click here to register for a class)
- Each day at the show prominent pastry chefs taking on baking challenges at the Pastry King Competition presented by Cinelli-Esperia and Guittard Chocolate Company
- Some of the best cake artists and pastry chefs in the country competing in Food Network Canada's Professional Baking Competitions (click here for rules and regulations) presented by McCall's.
- Amateur bakers vying for a chance to earn a winning recipe across 10 different categories - from chocolate chip cookies to pumpkin cheesecake (click here for rules and regulations)
- Cake artists facing off for the best representation of Porter Airlines' raccoon mascot in the Porter Airlines' Cake Challenge
- The chance for one lucky guest to win a Baker's Kitchen valued at $30,000 courtesy of Granite Transformations and Coast Wholesale Appliances as part of The Baker's Kitchen Sweepstakes
The main stages at Canada's Baking and Sweets Show presented by Redpath Sugar include:
- The Toronto Star Competition Stage, where celebrity bakers will perform and where all the competitions will be held
- The Canadian Living Demo Kitchen Stage presented by Porter Airlines, where recipes and product demonstrations will be presented over the three-day show
Additional highlights from Canada's Baking and Sweets Show presented by Redpath Sugar include:
- Premier wedding cake designs on display at Today's Bride Wedding Quarter presented by Artsy Baker Fondant
- Amazing Christmas-themed cakes at The Vinyl 95.3 FM Christmas Gallery presented by Duncan Hines
- Cookie and cupcake decorating activities for kids at the Canadian Living Family Zone sponsored by Robin Hood Flour
- Baking and sweet product pairings at The KX94.7 FM Lounge
- Baked products and sweets from around the globe at The CHIN Radio/TV International Way
Dates and Times
Friday, September 28 - 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, September 29 - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday, September 30 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
6900 Airport Road
Parking is FREE! Over 5,000 spaces are available
Adults - $14
Seniors over 65 - $10
Children under 12 - FREE
Friday show only: Teachers and students (with valid student ID) - $6
For more information please visit CanadasBakingandSweetsShow.com.
About Canada's Baking and Sweets Show
Canada's Baking and Sweets Show is the first consumer show of its kind in North America dedicated to those who love everything decadent and delicious. It's a one-of-a-kind event catering to baking and confectionary enthusiasts and everybody with a taste for the sweeter side of life. Come and discover a cornucopia of cakes, cupcakes,chocolate, desserts, coffee/tea the latest in baking supplies, all under one roof! For more information visit CanadasBakingandSweetsShow.com.
SOURCE: Canada's Baking and Sweets Show
For further information:
Principal, Canada's Baking and Sweets Show