OTTAWA, June 23, 2014 /CNW/ - The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) is pleased to invite entries for the 2014 Media Awards for Health Reporting.
The CMA is proud to sponsor the awards, which honour outstanding Canadian journalism that enhances understanding of health, the health system and the role of health professionals.
The 2014 award categories are:
- The Michelle Lang Award for Excellence in Print Reporting – (In-depth Feature Article)
- Excellence in Health Reporting – Print (Large Market Outlets)
- Excellence in Health Reporting – Print (Mid-Size market)
- Excellence in Health Reporting – Television News
- Excellence in Health Reporting – Television In-depth Reporting
- Excellence in Health Reporting – Radio
- Excellence in Local Media Health Reporting – Print and broadcast
- Excellence in Mental Health Journalism
- The Norman Bethune Award for Excellence in International Health Reporting – Print and Broadcast
- Excellence in Ethnic Health Reporting – Print and Broadcast
All digital entries are now embedded in the categories listed above. To be considered, stories must have been printed or broadcast between August 3, 2013 and August 8, 2014 inclusive. Entries must be received by August 8, 2014 at 5:00 pm EST.
All entries can now be submitted electronically. Click here for full rules an on how to submit an entry. You can also visit www.cma.ca/media-awards for other information on the 2014 CMA Media Awards on Health Reporting.
Each entry will be judged by a committee of medical, health sector and journalism professionals from across Canada. The awards will be presented Oct. 21, 2014, during a gala event at the Château Laurier in Ottawa.
SOURCE: Canadian Medical Association
For further information: Lucie Boileau, Senior Advisor, Communications and Public Outreach, Tel.: 800 663-7336 - 613 731-8610 x1266, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org