Continued global expansion and 26% revenue growth amongst the highlights of a successful year for the leader in supply chain planning and optimization
'S-HERTOGENBOSCH, The Netherlands, March 13, 2014 /CNW/ - Quintiq, a global leader in supply chain planning and optimization (SCP&O), announced today it achieved a record level of revenue in 2013. Driven by global expansion and 26% revenue growth, Quintiq's approach to SCP&O, which broke a number of world records in 2013, is setting the standard for the supply chain industry.
In what was a banner year, a number of accomplishments fueled Quintiq's success:
- Record revenue and rapid growth - Despite the volatile global economy, FY2013 saw Quintiq achieve record revenue of $100M,* representing 26% growth, and secure 65% pipeline growth, positioning the company for even greater success in 2014. Quintiq is the fastest growing SCP&O vendor among the top players, enjoying five times the average overall market growth. Based on its global market share, Quintiq was ranked the fourth largest SCP&O company by technology advisory firm Gartner.**
- Setting world records - Quintiq created optimization solutions for the Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows benchmarks, setting three world records.*** Quintiq set 106 additional world records in solving the Flexible Job Shop Scheduling Problem.
- Global expansion - Quintiq relocated its headquarters in the Netherlands to accommodate increasing business demand. The company also opened new offices in Stockholm, Sydney, and Seoul, expanding its global footprint to 16 locations. In 2013, Quintiq hired 122 people, bringing the number of full-time employees to over 720.
- Customer wins - The addition of significant customer agreements fueled the company's momentum. Notable wins include SSAB, a leading producer of high-strength steel; Tribotecc GmbH, the leading manufacturer of sulfides worldwide; skyguide, air traffic control for Switzerland and adjacent airspace; Severstal, a top steel producer in Russia; Lafarge, a world leader in building materials; ASAŞ Alüminyum, a leading aluminum extrusion company in Turkey; and Amy's Kitchen, a leading producer of natural, organic convenience and frozen foods.
- Awards - Quintiq received a number of awards in 2013 validating its technology and corporate culture. This included selection by Deloitte, ING, the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers and TiasNimbas Business School as one of the Netherlands' Best Managed Companies; a Best Place to Work in Philadelphia, awarded by the Philadelphia Business Journal; and Technology Company of the Year at the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies Enterprise Awards.
- "The Missing Piece of the Profit Economy" - Dr. Victor Allis, CEO of Quintiq, delivered an industry-defining presentation at Gartner's Supply Chain Executive Conference in Phoenix, Ariz., explaining why companies need to move beyond ERP and use software that enables them to control their future and uncover hidden profit potential. The presentation was later delivered by Dr. Allis and Arjen Heeres, COO of Quintiq, at Gartner's Supply Chain Executive Conferences in Australia and England respectively.
"Quintiq is off to a great start in 2014 having just been selected by Frost & Sullivan for a Global Customer Value Leadership Award. Most large-sized SCP&O solution providers address operational complexities across several industries; however, they often miss the nuances and industry applications that are unique to the supply side of process industries," said Frost & Sullivan Senior Industry Analyst Naveen Kumar Ramasamy. "Quintiq plugs this gap with the Quintiq technology platform and maintains a high degree of flexibility between standardization and customization, with its architecture built in a way that the platform can be customized without any disturbance to the underlying layers," noted Kumar. "In addition, Quintiq's comprehensive customer support services program enables its customers to reap high returns on investment."
"We built upon and solidified our leading market position, and I am proud of the records we achieved in our 16th year," said Victor Allis, CEO of Quintiq. "Customers from diverse industries around the world are creating competitive advantage and achieving new levels of performance and efficiency with our planning and optimization software. With Quintiq, companies can embrace what makes their business unique and help them achieve their business goals with least cost and highest performance result."
* Financial results are unaudited.
** Gartner Market Snapshot: Supply Chain Management Software, Worldwide, 2012, Chad Eschinger, Yanna Dharmasthira, Chris Pang, 2 May 2013.
Every business has its supply chain planning puzzles. Some of those puzzles are large. Some are complex. Some seem impossible to solve. Since 1997, Quintiq has been solving each of those puzzles using a single supply chain planning & optimization software platform. Today, approximately 12,000 users in over 80 countries rely on Quintiq software to plan and optimize workforces, logistics and production. Quintiq has headquarters in the Netherlands and the USA, and offices around the world.
For further information: Press Contacts: North America Enquiries, Jon Temerlies, Racepoint Global, Tel: +1-202-349-0859, [email protected]; EMEA Enquiries, Charlotte Poh, Global Marketing Communication Manager, Tel:+31(0)736910739, [email protected]