New cloud-based service from Intuit is optimized for smartphones and tablets, instantly connecting busy entrepreneurs to the business information they need to succeed
MISSISSAUGA, ON, April 11, 2012 /CNW/ - Canada's tech savvy entrepreneurs have a new solution to help them build their businesses anywhere, anytime: QuickBooks Online. With Intuit's QuickBooks Online, small business owners can get instant snapshots of their businesses - helping them see what they're making, what they're spending, and who owes them money, all on a single screen.
Created by Intuit to empower the mobile small business owner, QuickBooks Online is PC and Mac-compatible and optimized for iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android devices. Intuit is offering time-crunched entrepreneurs QuickBooks Online for free for the first 30 days.
"QuickBooks Online is the evolution of our mandate to help businesses access the information they need, anywhere, anytime," says Barb Anderson, Global QuickBooks Online Leader, Intuit. "We're thrilled with the feedback from our initial test group of Canadian entrepreneurs about how QuickBooks Online is already helping to streamline their day-to-day business lives."
With more than 300,000 users globally, QuickBooks Online products are emerging as a growing force internationally as small business owners around the world see the power of an easy-to-use solution for managing their finances that keeps them connected to their most critical business information.
Intuit is making QuickBooks Online available to Canadian businesses for free for the first 30 days. To get their free trial and find out more, entrepreneurs can visit http://quickbooksonline.intuit.ca/
Key time-saving benefits of QuickBooks Online include:
- Online banking integration - QuickBooks Online safely links your accounting to your bank, importing your statements so you don't enter those transactions twice. Keep track of your cashflow.
- Estimate-Invoice-Payment - In three clicks - designed to be easier, quicker, and more accurate than using spreadsheets. Bill customers promptly and professionally. Helps you get paid faster.
- Simplified taxes - Make sales tax easy with automated GST/HST reporting; generate sales tax returns in a single click. Eliminate tax headaches.
- Data back-up - QuickBooks Online stores all financial data on central servers, protecting it in the event your laptop, tablet or smartphone is lost or stolen. Have peace of mind knowing your information is automatically backed-up, every two hours.
- Anywhere, anytime access - QuickBooks Online gives you and your accountant protected access to your accounts from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks Online is available to Canadian small businesses in three versions:
- QuickBooks Online EasyStart - Design and create professional invoices, keep an eye on cash flow and have one convenient place for your customer data. $9 per month for one user plus accountant access.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials - Generate sales tax returns with one click; handle multiple currencies, harness powerful reporting tools. $19 per month for three users plus accountant access.
- QuickBooks Online Plus - Plan ahead with budgeting and customizable reports. $29 per month for five users plus accountant access.
QuickBooks Online is free for the first 30 days. Intuit offers small business owners a 60-day money back guarantee, and they can cancel the service at any time.
To sign up for a free trial and to find out more, please visit http://quickbooksonline.intuit.ca/.
About Intuit Canada
Intuit Canada ULC is a leading provider of business, financial and tax management solutions for small- and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including Quicken®, QuickBooks®, QuickBooks® Enterprise Solutions, SuccèsPME, TurboTax, and ImpôtRapideMC, simplify personal finance, accounting software and tax preparation and filing.
Additional offerings include ProFile®, a professional tax preparation software suite, the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program and the Intuit Developer Network for professional users and developers. All are provided by Intuit Canada or through its partners.
Intuit Canada has employees across Canada and offices in Edmonton, AB, and Mississauga, ON. Intuit Canada is an affiliate of Intuit Inc., which is listed on the Nasdaq stock market under the symbol INTU. More information can be found at www.intuit.ca.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.9 billion in its fiscal year 2011. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
For further information: