CALGARY, March 10, 2016 /CNW/ - Pure Technologies Ltd. ("Pure" or the "Company") is a proud sponsor and participant in CAWST's World Water Day being held in Calgary on March 16. The event recognizes the world's most precious resource and the actions taken by local communities to access and protect water. It also highlights CAWST's global educational and training programs that provide safe drinking water and sanitation education.
"Pure's values align very closely with both CAWST and World Water Day," noted Mike Wrigglesworth, Senior Vice President, International. "Our mission involves helping our utility partners protect and sustainably manage critical water and wastewater pipelines that are necessary for everyday life. When we think of water issues, we tend to think of those in developing nations - many people are unaware of the ongoing work that goes into protecting North American water infrastructure. The management of these systems by utilities is becoming increasingly important as water demands increase over time and existing pipelines continue to age, becoming more susceptible to failure. Pure plays a critical role by inspecting, monitoring and helping to manage these lines for future generations, while greatly reducing water losses."
During World Water Day, representatives from Pure will be on-site to showcase innovative technologies that are used by utilities to manage water and wastewater pipelines, and to reduce losses.
The event features:
- The presentation of youth action plans with an emphasis on protecting water resources
- Youth performances relating to water and sanitation issues
- An interactive technology experience highlighting simple water purifying technologies used around the world
- Opportunities to learn about local and global water issues, including CAWST's global actions and impact
- Opportunities for employee engagement through volunteer opportunities and event attendance
CAWST, or the Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology, is a Canadian charity and licensed engineering firm. It works to address the global need for safe drinking water and sanitation by building local knowledge and skills on household solutions that people can implement themselves.
World Water Day was created by the United Nations and is an annual event focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocacy for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
- Date: March 16, 2016
- Time: 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Admission: Free
- Location: Devonian Gardens (The Core)
400, 317 7 Avenue S.W., Calgary AB
About Pure Technologies Ltd.
Pure Technologies Ltd. is an international asset management, technology and services company which has developed patented technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of critical infrastructure around the world. Pure's business model incorporates four distinct but complementary business streams:
- Sales of proprietary monitoring technologies for pipelines, bridges and structures;
- Recurring revenue from data analysis, site maintenance, and from technology licensing;
- Premium technical services including pipeline inspection, leak detection and condition assessment;
- Specialized engineering services in areas related to asset management, primarily in the area of pipeline condition assessment for water and wastewater infrastructure.
® Registered Trademarks, property of Pure Technologies Ltd.
"The TSX has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release"
SOURCE Pure Technologies Ltd.
For further information: