CALGARY, June 28, 2012 /CNW/ - Pure Technologies Ltd. ("Pure" or the "Company") (TSX: PUR) is pleased to announce new work in Australia, Canada, Libya and Mexico for a combined value of more than $4.1 million. The work associated with these projects encompasses the full range of Pure's services including pipeline inspection, leak detection, condition assessment and specialized engineering services for water and wastewater pipelines. The new work includes the following:
- Pure's subsidiary, Aqua Environmental Pty. Ltd., has been awarded new leak detection work in Australia involving two water agencies and a mining organization within the regions of Western Australia, Northern Territory and Victoria.
- Pure has been contracted by an Ontario-based water agency to provide inspection and leak detection services on a portion of a critical water supply system that delivers drinking water to over 350,000 residents in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
- Pure has received additional equipment orders from the Man-Made River Authority, Libya following the Company's resumption of activities in the region in the first quarter. Since returning to the project, Pure has been assisting the MRA to determine the current condition of monitored pipe sections, equipment, and facilities that require repair as a result of last year's political events. The recent orders are for the partial replacement of equipment that was either destroyed or stolen.
- Readers are directed to the Company's March 30, 2012 news release for additional background: http://www.puretechltd.com/php/public_view_press.php?ID=207
- Pure's subsidiary, Pure Inspection Technologies Mexico, S.A. de C.V., has been awarded new work in Cutzamala, Mexico to perform inspection services on sections of two parallel water pipelines which provide treated drinking water to roughly 30 percent of Mexico City's population.
- Previous work included inspections and the installation of the Company's AFO continuous monitoring system on a portion of these critical pipelines. Additional information on prior work can be found in Pure's October 25, 2010 news release:http://www.puretechltd.com/php/public_view_press.php?ID=34
Pure's patented and proprietary technologies to be deployed in one or more of the above projects include:
|PipeDiver® - an innovative, free-swimming pipeline inspection tool specifically designed to detect structural weaknesses that could lead to pipeline ruptures. PipeDiver can be deployed while the pipeline remains in service, eliminating the cost and inconvenience associated with de-watering and service shut-down.|
|Sahara® - an innovative, tethered leak detection system for use in operating water and waste-water mains. Once inserted, a small parachute uses the flow of water to draw the tethered sensor through the pipeline while a surface tracking device allows the position of leaks and other pipeline features to be located.|
|SmartBall® - a free-swimming ball capable of detecting very small leaks in water, wastewater and oil & gas pipelines. Once inserted into a pipeline, it can travel with the water or oil flow for multiple hours, collecting information about leaks over many miles of pipeline in a single deployment.|
|SountPrint® AFO - an acoustic, fibre-optic monitoring system for structural monitoring of prestressed concrete water and wastewater pipelines. The use of acoustically-sensitive optical fibre and proprietary optical processing techniques allows Pure to monitor long distances of pipelines from a single access point.|
About Pure Technologies Ltd.
Pure Technologies Ltd. is an international asset management technology and services company which has developed patented technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of critical infrastructure around the world. Pure's business model incorporates four distinct but complementary business streams:
- Sales of proprietary monitoring technologies for pipelines, bridges and structures (SoundPrint®, SoundPrint® AFO);
- Recurring revenue from data analysis and site maintenance for these technologies, and from technology licensing;
- Premium technical services including pipeline inspection, leak detection and condition assessment (P-Wave®, SmartBall®, Sahara®, PipeDiver®, PureRobotics™);
- Specialized engineering services in areas related to asset management, primarily in the area of pipeline condition assessment for water and wastewater infrastructure (Openaka Corp., Price Brothers UK Ltd, and Jason Consultants).
This release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements, without limitation, may contain the words "believes", "expects", "anticipates", "estimates", "intends", "plans", or similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions and the Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated. Forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates of Management at the date the statements are made, and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. In the context of any forward-looking information please refer to risk factors detailed in, as well as other information contained in, the Company's filings with Securities Regulators (www.sedar.com).
® Registered Trademarks, property of Pure Technologies Ltd.
"The TSX has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release"
For further information:
To find out more about Pure Technologies Ltd. (TSX: PUR), visit our website at www.puretechltd.com. Or contact James E. Paulson, Chairman, Karen Keebler, Chief Financial Officer or Paul Moon, Investor Relations at (403) 266-6794 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.