OTTAWA, May 19, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) is conducting a comprehensive study type environmental assessment of the proposed Dumont Nickel Mine Project, located in Quebec. The Agency invites the public to comment on the Comprehensive Study Report for the project.
The Comprehensive Study Report includes the Agency's conclusions and recommendations regarding the implementation of mitigation measures and whether the project is likely to cause significant adverse environmental effects.
This is the third and final comment period on the environmental assessment of this project. All comments received will be considered public. Written comments must be submitted by June 18, 2015 to:
Dumont Nickel Mine Project
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
901-1550 d'Estimauville Avenue
Québec, Quebec G1J 0C1
This project is being assessed using a science-based approach under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act (the former Act).
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency is seeking public comments on the Comprehensive Study Report for the proposed Dumont Nickel Mine Project, located in Quebec.
- The Comprehensive Study Report and more information on this project are available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 66976.
- Following this public comment period, the Minister of the Environment will take into consideration the Comprehensive Study Report, along with comments received from the public and Aboriginal groups, and issue an environmental assessment decision statement.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Dumont Nickel Mine Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Ted Laking, Director of Communications, Office of the Minister of the Environment, 819-997-1441; Mathieu Saintonge, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-957-0493, firstname.lastname@example.org