LONGUEUIL, QC, Dec. 8, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - As a unique and delicious ingredient that all maple producers and Quebecers hold dear, maple now has a new, distinctive French logo showcasing the brand's characteristic maple leaf. Through this initiative, the Federation of Québec Maple Syrup Producers' (FPAQ) generic brand, namely ''Produits d'érable du Québec'', now becomes ''Érable du Québec'' for the Québec market and Maple from Canada for promotional activities abroad.
"Creating a new brand image was essential to reinforce our local positioning and expand our presence on international markets," explained Nathalie Langlois, Director, Marketing, Innovation and Market Development at the FPAQ. "KBS Montréal fully understood our vision and values, as well as our maple product marketing objectives on the international scene, and we're thrilled with the results."
The initiative spearheaded by the maple product marketing team will enable to standardize the communication guideline and reinforce brand recognition as part of various national and international marketing campaigns.
"Very few products benefit from such universal recognition," explains Olivier Caron, Creative Director, Branding and Design at KBS Montréal. "The maple leaf was the obvious choice for the brand's core visual element. Inspired by the iconic tin can, the rounded lettering used to write "Maple" right on the leaf evokes the liquid nature of the flagship product, namely maple syrup. Moreover, the logo's slight colour gradation is a reference to the nuances noted in maple syrup's new grading system, featuring four categories: golden, amber, dark and very dark."
Over the upcoming year, the ''Érable du Québec'' French logo will benefit from sustained visibility as part of branding and maple product marketing activities.
About FPAQ and the French brand ''Érable du Québec'' The Federation of Québec Maple Syrup Producers was founded in 1966. Its mission is to defend and promote the economic, social and moral interests of some 7,300 Québec maple businesses, as well as to develop initiatives that collectively market the products that flow from Québec's 43 million taps. The quality work of these maple producers has made Québec the source, on average, of 72% of the world's maple syrup production and 90% of Canada's maple syrup output. Together, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia contribute the other 10% of Canadian production. FPAQ proudly promotes the reference brand ''Érable du Québec'' in addition to coordinating the international promotion and value creation of Canadian maple products on behalf of Canada's maple industry. In this capacity, the FPAQ leads and directs the research efforts of the Réseau international d'innovation des produits d'érable du Canada.
Credits Client: Federation of Québec Maple Syrup Producers Director of Promotion, Innovation and Market Development: Nathalie Langlois Coordinator of Promotion, Innovation and Market Development: Mylène Denicolaï Agency: KBS Montréal Creative Director, Branding and Design: Olivier Caron Art Director: Camille Lévesque Director, Strategic Planning: Sonya Bacon Strategist, Branding and Digital: Marguerite Paradis Public Relations: Massy Forget Langlois Public Relations
SOURCE Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers
For further information: Source: Danielle Pépin, Federation of Québec Maple Syrup Producers, 450-679-0540, ext. 8539, [email protected]; Information: Jeanne Le Cours-Hébert, Massy Forget Langlois Public Relations, 514-842-2455, ext. 23, [email protected]