NEW YORK, July 27, 2017 /CNW/ -- Project Haiti, a US 501c(3) organization, announced today that it has partnered with Swiss Message Bank, AG, a Swiss Company and its subsidiary, Swiss Message Bank US, LLC, to utilize Swiss Message Banks advanced technology donation platform. Swiss Message Bank Cares Partnership Agreement provides that; for each Message to the Future purchased by a supporter of Project Haiti's humanitarian efforts, Swiss Message Bank shall donate 30% of the deposited messages price to Project Haiti. Swiss Message Banks Donation Platform provides Project Haiti's supporters the ability to offer a "Wonderful Service to Humanity", while supporting humanitarian aid to Haiti.
About Project Haiti
Project Haiti is a 501c(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing medical care and education to the country of Haiti since 1992. Project Haiti's contributions include:
- Delivering equipment, supplies, and personnel support to Hospital Bienfaisance (Charity Hospital) in Pignon on Haiti's north central plateau. Project Haiti is the primary organization that assisted in the development of this 65-bed hospital, which has become an excellent national resource for advanced surgical training due to its state-of-the-art operating rooms, education facilities, and telecommunication capabilities.
- In addition to training nurses and other health care providers, starting in 1995 Project Haiti introduced courses in laparoscopic surgery to Haitian gynecologists and general surgeons. Since then, Project Haiti surgeons have educated hundreds of Haitian physicians from all of the major teaching hospitals throughout the country.
- Since 2010, Urology training courses in vesicovaginal fistula repair, urethral reconstruction and general urology have been conducted, both in Pignon and in the capital city of Port-au-Prince. Project Haiti's contributions and leadership in urology has led to a remarkable organization of educational activities among all Haitian urologists and residents-in-training, achieving collaboration with international urologic organizations as well as the volunteer surgeons who have been serving in Haiti. The Global Association for the Support of Haitian Urology (GASHU) is now a robust organization as a result, contributing to improved urologic care for the Haitian people.
- Project Haiti is currently developing a second laparoscopic training center in the heart of Port-au-Prince at the newly constructed Hospital St. Francois de Sales (HSFDS). This is the result of an effective partnership with the local hospital leadership in conjunction with the faculty of the nearby national university hospital.
- Project Haiti has initiated the development of a urology training center at HSFDS, complete with a kidney stone treatment center. With its numerous partners, Project Haiti has successfully introduced laser lithotripsy and ESWL (Extra-Corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy) and has trained Haitian urologists to independently perform these advanced procedures.
- Project Haiti has been a pioneer in tele-health since 2002 and was the first to bring tele-education to Haiti through videoconferencing and streaming live surgery, initially with satellite communication at Hospital Bienfaisance in Pignon. In recent years, Project Haiti partnered with SAGES (Society of American Gastro-intestinal Endoscopic Surgeons) to provide regular internet-based videoconferences from prominent surgeon professors all over the world to many physicians throughout Haiti. The impact of excellent medical education for the local health care providers in Haiti on the well-being of the people is dramatic. Project Haiti believes that by teaching a few, many can be helped. In order for these efforts to be sustainable long-term, your support is needed.
- For a deeper exploration of Project Haiti, its legacy and leadership, please visit our web site: www.projecthaiti.org
About Swiss Message Bank.
Swiss Message Banks proprietary and advanced software technology provides its users advanced state of the art software platforms, which include; "Messages to the Future" technology and their "Not for Profit Donations Platform". By replacing antiquated donor technology, Swiss Message Banks advanced and proprietary Not for Profit Donation Platform enables 501c(3) organizations the ability to significantly improve their fundraising efforts through increased efficiencies and donor participation. Swiss Messaging Banks "Messaging to the Future" technology allows a provider of Voice Messages the ability to confidentially record encrypted messages and edit, change and deliver them immediately, or store their messages for up to 100 years. These messages may be of numerous types, including messages from the elderly and ill, to loved ones and friends, general population messages, of any kind, as well as business and legal messages. Swiss Message Bank provides it's Not for Profit Platform Free to all 501c(3) organizations. For more information please visit our web site: www.swissmessagebank.com
Project Haiti contact:
Swiss Message Bank contact:
SOURCE Swiss Message Bank; Project Haiti