Not-for-profit company working to improve Alberta industry seeing promising results
EDMONTON, Dec. 17, 2012 /CNW/ - Productivity Alberta released its first annual report today. Productivity Alberta is a private, not-for-profit corporation that connects Alberta industry to productivity improvement solutions, tools, and resources.
As outlined in the inaugural annual report, Productivity Alberta has:
- Connected with more than 31,000 clients, partners, and businesses from across Alberta and Canada
- Developed and launched the Productivity Advisory Service, which gives personal and customized advice and connections for clients
- Launched Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Green Belt training, coaching, and certification programs, graduating the first round of practitioners
- Expanded and refined the Productivity Assessment Tool with a more user-friendly interface and clearer terminology, plus the introduction of a Small Business version for users with fewer than 30 employees, or who may be in a service-based sector
- Licensed Productivity Alberta tools and services to partner organizations in Nova Scotia and British Columbia for use with local businesses, expanding the company's reach from coast to coast
"Productivity Alberta is recognized as a leader in not only the discussion of productivity, but in providing real solutions to industry," said Lori Schmidt, CEO of Productivity Alberta. "Demand for our services continues to increase thanks to a number of initiatives and regional licensing agreements."
Productivity Alberta's aim is to improve productivity, increase innovation, and unleash the power of Alberta's workforce and employers. Success is realized through working with industry experts, government, local communities, educational institutions, and industry associations to create a globally competitive environment in which Alberta businesses are able to prosper and thrive.
"In my years in business, I've learned that the only real competitive advantage that any company, including Productivity Alberta, has is its people," says Larry Kaumeyer, Chair of the Board of Directors for Productivity Alberta. "I keep reminding myself this is only the beginning and the tools and services we provide to Alberta industry are making a real difference."
About Productivity Alberta
Productivity Alberta is industry's connection to the latest in productivity improvement tools, resources and services. A private not-for-profit company, Productivity Alberta works with organizations across the province, connecting Alberta-based businesses to everything they need to kick-start and enhance productivity growth and competitiveness, leading to a healthier bottom line.
Productivity Alberta is supported by the Government of Alberta and Western Economic Diversification Canada. More information is available at productivityalberta.ca
SOURCE: Productivity Alberta
For further information:
For media enquiries:
Senior Director, Marketing & Communications