VANCOUVER, Aug. 27, 2019 /CNW/ - PRIZE MINING CORPORATION ("Prize" or the "Company") (TSXV:PRZ) (OTCQB:PRZFF) (MQSP:GR:FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce that at its Annual General and Special Meeting on August 22, 2019 (the "Meeting"), shareholders approved all of the motions put forward as follows:
- The number of directors was set at five;
- The director nominees were all elected resulting in Michael McPhie, Raul Ramirez Morton, José Avina, Dallas Pretty and Dino Minichiello being re-elected as directors of the Company for the ensuing year;
- Davidson & Company LLP were re-appointed as auditors;
- The continuation into BC from Alberta, including the adoption of new Articles upon continuation (the "Continuation") was approved;
- The change of name of the Company to Boundary Gold and Copper Mining Ltd. (the "Name Change") was approved;
- The consolidation of the Company's common shares on a basis of five (5) pre-consolidation common shares for one (1) post-consolidation common share, or such lesser ratio that the board of directors of the Company may deem adequate (the "Consolidation") was approved; and
- The continuation of the Company's 10% rolling stock option plan was approved until the next annual general meeting.
The board of directors is now considering on whether, and in what form, to proceed with the Consolidation and will make a determination on this matter in the near future.
The Company plans to move forward with the Name Change, which is subject to the Company obtaining all required regulatory approvals, including the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange.
About Prize Mining Corp.
Prize is a junior mining issuer listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. Prize is focused on the exploration and development of the Kena Gold Property in southeastern British Columbia and the Manto Negro Copper/Silver Property in Coahuila State, Mexico. Find out more at: www.prizemining.com
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Forward-Looking Statements. This news release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking information is frequently characterized by words such as "plan", "expect", "project", "intend", "believe", "anticipate", "estimate", "scheduled", "potential", or other similar words, or statements that certain events or conditions "may", "should" or "could" occur.
The forward-looking statements are based on certain key expectations and assumptions made by Prize. Although Prize believes that the expectations and assumptions on which the forward-looking statements are based are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements because Prize can give no assurance that they will prove to be correct. There is no assurance that the result of these exploration programs will be successful. Since forward-looking statements address future events and conditions, by their very nature they involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those currently anticipated due to a number of factors and risks. These include, but are not limited to, exploration risks and that required regulatory and third-party approvals and consents are not obtained on terms satisfactory to the parties within the timelines provided.
The reader is cautioned that assumptions used in the preparation of such information, although considered reasonable by the Company at the time of preparation, may prove to be incorrect and readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking information, which speaks only as of the date hereof. The Company does not undertake any obligation to release publicly any revisions to forward-looking information contained herein to reflect events or circumstances that occur after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as may be required under applicable securities laws.
SOURCE Prize Mining Corporation
For further information: For more information please contact: Michael McPhie, President and CEO, Tel. 604.336.6066, [email protected]