Kinetic Commerce, PayPal Startup Alley and Amber Mac's Tech Spotlight among the experiential activations scheduled for the March 7 and 8 event in Toronto
TORONTO, Feb. 26, 2018 /CNW/ - Dx3, Canada's largest digital marketing, retail and advertising conference, today announced a number of activations and workshops taking place at this year's event. From a workshop on VR, AR and MR to a fully-functional 'store of the future', this year's Dx3 promises a look into the most innovative concepts and technologies impacting the world of retail marketing.
In total, more than 50 exhibitors and 40 speakers are expected at this year's event, which is being held at Toronto's Metro Toronto Convention Centre on March 7 and 8, 2018. Highlights from the newly-announced experiences include:
- The Connected Retail Experience
Kinetic Commerce will showcase a fully-functional, connected retail experience, enabling guests to experience the future of shopping first-hand. With a display of merchandise from an exciting new brand named North Point, the store will invite consumers to experience a multitude of new technologies, such as:
- Mobile App: a native app that connects the user instantly with the North Point store, bridging the online-to-offline shopping experience by allowing users to reserve products before arrival or request products while shopping.
- Connected Fitting Room: an interactive display in the fitting room that enables consumers to see products and request new products to try on, in real time.
- Digital Mirror: an assisted selling solution that enables store associates to display contextual content and matching product suggestions directly on the mirror as consumers try on merchandise.
- PayPal Startup Alley
Looking to get familiar with Canada's startup scene? Check out the PayPal Startup Alley, which will showcase a number of Canadian startups who are on the rise and looking for feedback on their business concepts.
- Amber Mac's Tech Spotlight
Throughout the event, tech journalist and TV personality Amber Mac, will host live interviews on the show floor, gathering insights from the senior leaders of a number of tech startups.
- Workshop: The State of VR & AR in 2018
In this workshop, Alan Smithson, CEO of MetaVRse, will discuss the differences between virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed-reality technologies, and explore the ways in which they have recently become powerful marketing tools. Leveraging real-world case studies, Smithson will demonstrate how brands are using these technologies to their advantage, and provide interactive examples of how businesses can start using these technologies today.
- Workshop: Why Influencers Should be Your Brand's Front Line
In this interactive workshop, Richard Wong of #paid, Cynthia Pachovski of Nielsen, and Victoria Hui of the Lust Listt will explore the power of influencer marketing. As a key takeaway, attendees will hear first-hand from a number of influencers on what makes a successful brand collaboration.
"Our aim is for Dx3 to be an incredible opportunity for business leaders to experience what's new and next in technology, marketing and retail," says Eric Mercer, Director of Content for Dx3. "The hands-on, interactive and real-world experiences that will be on the floor this year provide exactly that - ensuring attendees leave with actionable insights that can have a real impact on their brands and businesses."
To purchase tickets, or to check out the full list of speakers and exhibitors, visit Dx3Canada.com.
Our thanks to Cision for sponsoring this announcement.
SOURCE Dx3 Canada
For further information: Melissa Retty, Craft Public Relations, 416-294-5327 | [email protected]