BRAMPTON, ON, Dec. 5, 2012 /CNW/ - TSX: L - Just in time for the holiday season, the PC® black label collection of exceptional fine foods now has new delectable delights, available at select Loblaw Companies banners stores across Ontario, like Loblaws®, Zehrs® and Real Canadian Superstore®.
The collection features a range of outstanding foods all made with a rich artisanal provenance and amazing flavours. From confectionary items, spreads, dressings, marinades, pastas, sauces, oils and vinegars, aromatic spice blends, to baked goods, baking ingredients and more, the foods within the PC® black label collection were inspired by the most exquisite tastes from Canada and around the world.
"Enjoying foods from the PC® black label collection is like having a stress-free culinary adventure - one that will inspire and excite taste buds and all without paying specialty store prices," says Ian Gordon, senior vice-president, Loblaw Brands, Loblaw Companies Limited.
While we know PC® black label Bacon Marmalade and our collection of regional jams are fan favourites, here are a few we think you should add to your foodie repertoire!
- PC® black label Sangria Cocktail Mixer: Add a splash to chilled sparkling wine served in a champagne flute garnished with fresh berries in each glass - the perfect holiday party drink!
- PC® black label Pomegranate Lemonade Sparkling Soda is an exotic blend of tart lemon in a naturally flavoured and perfectly sweetened beverage. This lightly bubbly refresher is made with water from the French Vosges Sandstone and is imported from France.
Spread (or drizzle) a little holiday cheer!
- PC® black label Black Cherry and Vanilla Fruit Spread: A combination of sweet, juicy black cherries and fragrant Madagascar vanilla, delicious on toast, scones, or as a pastry filling.
- PC® black label Vidal Ice Syrup™ Condiment: Thick, intensely flavourful syrup made from the Niagara Peninsula's late-harvest vidal grapes - drizzle over ice cream or add to a roast beef jus.
Sweet decadence to impress any guest
- PC® black label Salted Caramel Ice Cream uses simple ingredients like 100 per cent Canadian cream, sugar and egg yolk for an impossibly velvety ice cream base enhanced with natural, salted buttery caramel flavours.
- PC® black label Chocolate Strawberry Assortment is a luxurious-tasting indulgence perfect for any sweet-tooth. Sweet, dried strawberries are covered in dark chocolate, milk chocolate and strawberry-flavoured chocolate.
From around the world, authentic Italian Fare
- PC® black label Asparagus Cappellacci: Created by a pasta producer established more than a century ago in Italy, cappellacci shells and generous fillings of asparagus blended with ricotta and other traditional cheeses make for a decadent, authentic meal.
- PC® black label Vodka Pasta Sauce is made with hand-harvested sweet Italian tomatoes, olive oil and both Italian Pecorino Romano and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. The distinct splash of vodka truly adds unique flavour and character.
Aged to perfection for holiday entertaining
- PC® black label Aged 36 Months Parmigiano Reggiano Hard Ripened Cheese surpasses all other Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses with a firm texture and sharp flavour, a stunning addition to any holiday dish.
- PC® black label Sovrano Hard Ripened Cheese Made with Cow's and Buffalo's Milk is imported from Italy, and boasts exceptionally rich, authentic flavour and creamy texture.
Grocery stores in Ontario that feature the President's Choice® black label collection include: Loblaws®, Loblaw greatfood®, Zehrs®, Zehrs greatfood™, Fortinos®, Real Canadian Superstore®, valu-mart®, Your Independent Grocer®, nofrills®, Cash & Carry and Real Canadian Wholesale Club®.
About Loblaw Companies LimitedTSX:L
Loblaw Companies Limited, a subsidiary of George Weston Limited, is Canada's largest food retailer and a leading provider of drugstore, general merchandise and financial products and services. Loblaw is one of the largest private sector employers in Canada. With more than 1,000 corporate and franchised stores from coast to coast, Loblaw and its franchisees employ more than 135,000 full-time and part-time employees. Through its portfolio of store formats, Loblaw is committed to providing Canadians with a wide, growing and successful range of products and services to meet the everyday household demands of Canadian consumers. Loblaw is known for the quality, innovation and value of its food offering. It offers Canada's strongest control (private) label program, including the unique President's Choice®, no name® and Joe Fresh ®brands. In addition, the Company makes available to consumers President's Choice Financial® services and offers the PC® points loyalty program.
Product samples and high-resolution images are available.
SOURCE: Loblaw Companies Limited
For further information:
or to arrange an interview please contact: