BRAMPTON, ON, Dec. 5, 2012 /CNW/ - TSX: L - Just in time for the holiday season, the PC® black label collection of exceptional fine foods now has new delectable delights, available at select Loblaw Companies banners stores across Atlantic Canada, like Atlantic Superstore®, Dominion® and SaveEasy®.
The collection features a range of outstanding foods all made with a rich artisanal provenance and amazing flavours. From confectionary items, spreads, dressings, marinades, pastas, sauces, oils and vinegars, aromatic spice blends, to baked goods, baking ingredients and more, the foods within the PC® black label collection were inspired by the most exquisite tastes from Canada and around the world.
"Enjoying foods from the PC® black label collection is like having a stress-free culinary adventure - one that will inspire and excite taste buds and all without paying specialty store prices," says Ian Gordon, senior vice-president, Loblaw Brands, Loblaw Companies Limited.
While we know PC® black label Bacon Marmalade and our collection of regional jams are fan favourites, here are a few we think you should add to your foodie repertoire!
Inspired ingredients, sultry combinations and artisanal methods - wow your guests this holiday season
- PC® black label Cherry Shiraz Wine Jelly: With its balanced acidity, our ruby red wine jelly is equally at home in both savoury and sweet recipes. It's made with ripe, red cherries and shiraz, a red wine known for its peppery, full bodied flavour with blackberry and plum notes.
- PC® black label Pomegranate Lemonade Sparkling Soda is an exotic blend, imported from France, of tart lemon in a naturally flavoured and perfectly sweetened beverage. This lightly bubbly refresher is made with water from the French Vosges Sandstone and is imported from France.
- PC® black label Salted Caramel Ice Cream uses simple ingredients like 100 per cent Canadian cream, sugar and egg yolk for an impossibly velvety ice cream base enhanced with natural, salted buttery caramel flavours.
- PC® black label Chocolate Strawberry Assortment is a luxurious-tasting indulgence perfect for any sweet-tooth. Sweet, dried strawberries are covered in dark chocolate, milk chocolate and strawberry-flavoured chocolate
- PC® black label Fiorelli Pasta is 100 per cent authentic Italian Fiorelli pasta made with durum wheat and natural spring water from the Italian Alps. The dough is pressed through bronze dies into a wavy, curly shape that resembles flower buds. It's then air-dried for a rustic, rough texture that's ideal for soaking up every drop of sauce.
- PC® black label Vodka Pasta Sauce is made with hand-harvested sweet Italian tomatoes, olive oil and both Italian Pecorino Romano and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. The distinct splash of vodka truly adds unique flavour and character to this traditional and renowned sauce.
Grocery stores in Atlantic Canada that feature President's Choice® brands include: Atlantic Superstore®, Dominion® (in Newfoundland and Labrador), SaveEasy® and nofrills®.
About Loblaw Companies LimitedTSX:L
Loblaw Companies Limited, a subsidiary of George Weston Limited, is Canada's largest food retailer and a leading provider of drugstore, general merchandise and financial products and services. Loblaw is one of the largest private sector employers in Canada. With more than 1,000 corporate and franchised stores from coast to coast, Loblaw and its franchisees employ more than 135,000 full-time and part-time employees. Through its portfolio of store formats, Loblaw is committed to providing Canadians with a wide, growing and successful range of products and services to meet the everyday household demands of Canadian consumers. Loblaw is known for the quality, innovation and value of its food offering. It offers Canada's strongest control (private) label program, including the unique President's Choice®, no name® and Joe Fresh® brands. In addition, the Company makes available to consumers President's Choice Financial® services and offers the PC® points loyalty program.
SOURCE: Loblaw Companies Limited
For further information:
or to arrange an interview please contact:
Loblaw Companies Limited
Margaret Poole, Poole Communications