Ivanhoé Cambridge's and Simon's fully enclosed outlet shopping centre opens to offer signature guest services and premium shopping experience
EDMONTON, May 2, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Premium Outlet Collection Edmonton International Airport (EIA), a joint project from industry leaders Ivanhoé Cambridge and Simon, officially opened its doors today to much excitement from the public and VIPs. The only fully enclosed outlet shopping centre in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region and LEED® pre-certified, Premium Outlet Collection EIA offers up to 100 retailers and six anchor tenants.
Among those in attendance at the grand opening event were the Honourable Shaye Anderson, Alberta Minister of Municipal Affairs, Tanni Doblanko, Mayor of Leduc County, Bob Young, Mayor of the City of Leduc, and Tom Ruth, President and CEO of EIA, as well as senior representatives of Ivanhoé Cambridge, Simon and United Way of the Alberta Capital Region. A large crowd of enthusiastic shoppers lined up early in the morning to be the first to experience the much-anticipated centre.
"We are thrilled to bring our premium shopping experience to the Edmonton International Airport and surrounding community," said Claude Sirois, President, Retail, Ivanhoé Cambridge. "Premium Outlet Collection EIA will be a unique shopping destination for Alberta, guaranteed to draw visitors from within and beyond the province. The combination of value-focused retailers, all under one roof, and our signature array of guest services and amenities is sure to please value-seeking and fashion-conscious shoppers."
"We are so delighted to team up with Ivanhoé Cambridge in Edmonton," said Stephen Yalof, CEO of Premium Outlets, Simon. "This is Premium Outlets' fourth opening in Canada and I have no doubt that our commitment in delivering sought-after brands and value will continue to resonate with our Canadian customers."
Tom Ruth, EIA President and CEO, declared: "Premium Outlet Collection EIA brings together travel, shopping and service for the people of our region and visitors, helping EIA fulfil its mandate to drive regional prosperity."
Premium Outlet Collection EIA provides an exceptional shopping experience for locals and tourists alike, featuring up to 100 fashion brands outlet stores and a comfortable, climate-controlled shopping, experience year-round. With 428,000 ft² (37,160 m2) of retail space and six anchor tenants including DSW – Designer Shoe Warehouse, Forever 21, H&M, Nike Factory Store, Old Navy Outlet and Marshalls (summer opening), Premium Outlet Collection EIA also offers a variety of signature services:from shipping and delivery of purchases directly to guests' homes via DeliverEASE, to flight information and refresh facilities for travellers.
Another unique retail concept to Premium Outlet Collection EIA is SHARE, an innovative market, which will bring together local producers, artisans and a specialty coffee shop to foster a sense of the Edmonton community at the heart of the outlet experience.
A contest for a cause
During the opening ceremony, Jason Bos, General Manager, Premium Outlet Collection EIA, announced that up to $10,000 will be donated to United Way later this month as part of a charitable voting contest. Prominent locals such as country musician Paul Brandt, Olympic gold medallist Cassie Sharpe and a former Edmonton Oiler, Kevin Lowe, amongst others, have designed custom canvas shopping totes. The public is invited to vote for their favourite tote, and with each vote Premium Outlet Collection EIA will donate $1, up to a maximum of $10,000, to United Way of the Alberta Capital Region.
About Premium Outlet Collection Edmonton International Airport (EIA)
Premium Outlet Collection EIA is the only fully enclosed outlet shopping centre in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. With 428,000 ft² (37,160 m2) of retail space, it will feature up to 100 fashion brands and outlet stores that are sure to please value-seeking and fashion-conscious shoppers. Committed to providing an exceptional shopping experience for guests, Premium Outlet Collection EIA will include a variety of specialized and complementary services as well a unique retail concept, SHARE. Visit premiumoutletcollectioneia.com to receive ongoing updates about upcoming events and promotions.
About Ivanhoé Cambridge
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in [more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
About Simon Property Group
Simon is a global leader in the ownership of premium shopping, dining, entertainment and mixed-use destinations and an S&P 100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE: SPG). Our properties across North America, Europe and Asia provide community gathering places for millions of people every day and generate billions in annual sales. For more information, visit simon.com.
About Simon Premium Outlets®
The global Simon Premium Outlets portfolio offers exceptional brands at extraordinary savings through a diverse mix of luxury, designer and homeware retailers. Our 92 Simon Premium Outlets in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico and South Korea are some of the most iconic and productive shopping destinations for residents and travelers including Woodbury Common (New York City), Orlando Premium Outlets, Desert Hills (Palm Springs), Las Vegas Premium Outlets and Wrentham Village Premium Outlets (Boston). For more information visit premiumoutlets.com or follow Premium Outlets on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
About Edmonton International Airport
Edmonton International Airport (EIA) is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada's fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. EIA is a major economic driver, with an economic output of over $3.2 billion, supporting over 26,000 jobs. For more information, please visit: flyeia.com, follow @flyeia on Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin or Facebook.
Fact sheet - Premium Outlet Collection EIA Highlights
Together with our partner Simon, Ivanhoé Cambridge developed Premium Outlet Collection EIA to exceed the expectations of shoppers in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region and tourists alike.
Premium customer services
- Premium Outlet Collection EIA provides an exceptional, first-class shopping experience and offers a vast array of extra Guest Services and amenities that sets it apart from other outlet centres. Guest Services include the following:
- DeliverEASE parcel shipping and delivery service
- Premium Outlet Collection EIA's signature direct-to-home parcel shipping service. This service allows travellers to shop without worry, knowing they can ship their purchases home, directly to their door.
- Gift cards and gift wrapping
- CUP, Alipay and WeChat Pay (accepted at Guest Services as well as participating retailers)
- Stow and go: Coat, luggage and parcel
- Boarding pass printing and flight arrivals/departures screens
- Complimentary mobility assistance
- Complimentary baby supplies
- Portable cellphone chargers
- Airport shuttle stop information
- Free Wi-Fi and lounge area
- Complimentary refreshments
- Refresh room for weary travellers on long stopovers at the airport
Key project facts and numbers:
- Owners/developers: Ivanhoé Cambridge, Simon
- Manager: Ivanhoé Cambridge
- Address: 1 Outlet Collection Way, Edmonton International Airport, Alberta T9E 1J5
- Gross leasable area: 428,000 ft2 (37,160 m2)
- Total area: 589,833 ft² (54,797 m2)
- Grand opening date: May 2, 2018, at 10 a.m.
- Number of retailers: up to100
- Investment: $215 million
- Parking spaces: over 2,200
- Jobs created: approximately 1,000 full- and part-time retail jobs and 200 construction-related jobs.
For more information, please visit premiumoutletcollectioneia.com
Fact sheet – Contest for a cause and Grand Opening entertainment
Designer tote contest for United Way
- Prominent local artists, influencers and celebrities such as musician Paul Brandt, Olympic gold medallist Cassie Sharpe and a former Edmonton Oiler, Kevin Lowe, amongst others, have designed custom canvas shopping totes.
- Until midnight on May 23, shoppers will be able to vote for their favourite totes. With every vote, Premium Outlet Collection EIA will donate $1, up to a total of $10,000, to United Way of the Alberta Capital Region.
- Shoppers have the opportunity to view and vote for their favourite design for a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree. For additional information, please visit premiumoutletcollectioneia.com.
Entertainment during grand opening weekend
- Special entertainment, contests and grand opening sales and promotions will continue throughout Premium Outlet Collection EIA's grand opening week until Sunday, May 6.
- In addition, shoppers visiting Premium Outlet Collection EIA will have a chance to win thousands of dollars' worth of prizes, including vacations to San Francisco on Air Canada, Oilers and Eskimos tickets, coveted tickets to the 2018 Grey Cup in Edmonton, store prize packs and much more. For additional information, please visit premiumoutletcollectioneia.com.
Fact sheet - SHARE
- SHARE is a place at where visitors to Premium Outlet Collection EIA can enjoy a craft-brewed coffee, sample locally produced nourishing foods and browse an artisans market showcasing the work of Alberta's considerable makers community.
Featured SHARE retailers:
The Curated Shop
- The Curated Shop is an all-handmade, all-local shop supporting makers from within the community. The passion and drive behind makers' businesses and products makes the story behind each item something truly unique. The shop offering will include home decor, bath and body products, jewelry, clothing, handbags and accessories as well as small furniture and much more.
Square One Craft Coffee
- Family run and family oriented, Square One Craft Coffee is about enriching the community one quality, direct-trade coffee at a time. Everything Square One Craft Coffee does is done with excellence in mind, and whether it's food, coffee or service, quality craftsmanship permeates every aspect of its work. 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters is proudly served at Square One Craft Coffee. Square One Craft Coffee's goal is to extend a higher-level café experience to everyone who walks through its doors and to create a space for people to gather, connect and learn.
- Eat Clean's mission is to make lives better by allowing people to enjoy the benefits of eating healthily without compromising on taste. Eat Clean's food is deliciously grilled, baked, or steamed to perfection and cooked with only the highest-quality ingredients.
- Bubble Cream is proud to bring the long-awaited combination of Hong Kong bubble waffles and delicious toppings to Edmonton. These personalized cones and burritos are sure to introduce a sweet addition to Premium Outlet Collection EIA's food services offering.
SOURCE Ivanhoé Cambridge
For further information: Media information: Brookline Public Relations, Inc., Lisa Libin, T: 403.538.5641, ext. 104, C: 403.815.5626, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ivanhoé Cambridge, Media line: +1 866-456-3342, email@example.com; Simon Property Group, Les Morris, 317-263-7711, LMorris@Simon.Com
About Ivanhoé Cambridge Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of...
Also from this source: