OmniAir Québec Plugfest – Hosted by Propulsion Québec May 6-10, 2019
MONTREAL, Feb. 11, 2019 /CNW/ -- OmniAir Consortium®, the leading industry association promoting interoperability and certification for ITS, tolling, and connected vehicles, along with our event host Propulsion Québec, announce that the premiere connected vehicle testing and policy conference will take place in the greater Montreal metropolitan area, May 6-10.
The OmniAir Québec Plugfest is a five-day event where the global vehicle-to-everything (V2X) community comes together to advance this life-saving communications technology. The connected vehicle policy conference and the week-long testing event will take place at Transport Canada's Motor Vehicle Test Centre in Blainville, Canada.
"OmniAir is excited to partner with Propulsion Québec to host our next Plugfest and V2X Policy Conference," said Jason Conley, Executive Director of OmniAir Consortium. "Québec's growing reputation as a leader in smart transportation and sustainable mobility makes it a natural choice for OmniAir and our members."
"We are proud to host the first international edition of the OmniAir Plugfest!" said Sarah Houde, Propulsion Québec's CEO. "Québec has a rich and flourishing electric and smart transportation ecosystem, and its global leadership in developing and testing technologies to connect vehicles is now widely recognized. The OmniAir Québec Plugfest is the perfect opportunity for members of both our organizations to gather and advance research in this booming industry."
What to expect?
- Connected Vehicle Policy Conference featuring expert panelists discussing technical and policy issues that arise from connected and automated vehicles including cybersecurity, privacy, deployment and certification; and an evening grand reception
- Highly technical workshops and guided tours of the testing areas
- Four days of intensive conformance, interoperability, security, and field testing across multiple testing stations for both DSRC and C-V2X based technologies
Who should attend?
- Government officials interested in deploying certified vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) technology to learn firsthand the value OmniAir Certification adds to their deployments
- Device makers that are close to certification or have already earned OmniAir certification
- Automotive OEMs and Tier One suppliers looking to incorporate certified V2X into their products
- Engineering firms and V2I device makers interested in learning about connected vehicle deployment opportunities in Québec and across Canada
How to attend?
For tickets and additional information, visit www.omniair.org
OmniAir thanks our early sponsors!
Transport Canada, Intersect, ESCRYPT, BlackBerry Certicom, Danlaw, Keysight Technologies, TÜV SÜD, SGS, DEKRA, Rohde & Schwarz, 7layers, PMG Technology, Penta Security and Spirent!
Contact: Ryan Hall, (202) 744-6480, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE OmniAir Consortium