Deadline Extended to Apply for Federal Funding
OTTAWA, Nov. 16, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) is extending the deadline to apply for participant funding for the federal environmental assessment of the Port of Quebec Deep-Water Multipurpose Wharf Project – Beauport 2020.
Funding is available for eligible individuals and groups to enable their participation in upcoming steps of the environmental assessment, which include reviewing and providing comments on the Environmental Impact Statement or the summary thereof, the draft Environmental Assessment Report, and on potential environmental assessment conditions.
The deadline to submit a funding application has been extended to November 30, 2015. Individuals and groups who have already submitted an application do not need to reapply. The recipients and amounts of funding allocated will be announced at a later date.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80107.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- This project is being assessed under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 using a science-based approach.
- Participant Funding Program (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Port of Quebec Deep-Water Multipurpose Wharf Project – Beauport 2020 (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Maja Graham, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-960-1519, [email protected]; Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE