PERTH, Australia, May 12, 2015 /CNW/ - Mirabela Nickel Limited (Mirabela or the Company) (ASX: MBN) advises that, on 8 May 2015 Mirabela's Brazilian subsidiary Mirabela Mineração do Brasil Ltda (Mirabela Brazil) received a stop work order from the Ministry of Labour in respect of the operation of the plant at the Santa Rita Mine and associated port operations.
Mirabela Brazil has been in discussions with the Ministry of Works and provides the following update.
- Mirabela Brazil complied with the order and stopped all operations at the primary crusher and the plant.
- The requested remedial work of installing protective guardrails in the plant and a small enclosure to cover parts of the conveyor belt have been undertaken at the plant facilities and follow-up inspection by the Ministry of Works is scheduled for Tuesday 12 May (Brazil time).
- Planned plant maintenance has been brought forward during the plant shutdown.
- The Ministry of Labour has authorised Mirabela Brazil in writing to load and haul the remaining in-stock concentrate located in the shed at the mine site to the Ilheus port storage facility.
- Mirabela Brazil has also been authorised to ship all concentrate that is stored at the Ilheus Port as at 12 May 2015 to its overseas customers.
Mirabela Brazil is working towards resuming normal plant and port operations as soon as possible.
Mirabela's production guidance remains unaffected and further updates will be provided as required.
SOURCE Mirabela Nickel Ltd.
For further information: Mirabela Nickel Limited, Telephone: +61 8 9324 1177, email@example.com