Fueled by rapid growth in the region, company announces new hires and Canadian-French products to better serve Canadian customers
SAN FRANCISCO, June 20, 2017 /CNW/ -- PlanGrid, the leader in construction productivity software, today announced a deeper commitment to the Canadian market, enabling construction professionals to be more productive than ever before by building the most complete record set that streamlines construction, turnover, and operations. The company hired key regional sales, marketing, and business development leaders to better serve contractors and building owners by expanding the delivery of PlanGrid, which includes properly localizing core products in Canadian French. PlanGrid is also working closely with Canadian Construction Innovations (CCI) Clearinghouse, an institution that strives to make the Canadian construction industry more competitive at home and globally.
PlanGrid was born in the mobile-first world, and has been an innovator in the construction industry—at the forefront of major mobile trends and developing technologies that transform project productivity at scale. With more than 90% of all project costs occurring in the field, PlanGrid develops software that not only provides a frictionless customer deployment experience, but is proven to optimize efficiency and profitability. The company streamlines document control and distribution by providing construction teams with easy access to all project information, from any device, which enables seamless collaboration within teams. PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, empowering users to build a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through daily use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid's Canadian customer base already includes several high-profile customers in residential and mixed-use high rises, commercial interiors, and commercial real estate construction including: Govan Brown & Associates, ITC Construction Group, Progest Construction, and Shopify.
Comments on the News
- "We are continuing to grow at an accelerated pace with many of Canada's leading construction firms and owners choosing to partner with PlanGrid," said Bill Smith, President of Global Field Operations, at PlanGrid. "Our presence and localized products in Canada allow us to become even closer to our world-class customers, making it easy for Canadians to use PlanGrid in their own language, and empower collaboration across teams to achieve new levels of productivity and insights in every build."
- "By embracing PlanGrid, Govan Brown has been bringing our vision of digital transformation, real-time collaboration, and quality-built construction to reality," said Joseph Kirk, Senior Vice President of Govan Brown Group, at Govan Brown & Associates Limited.
- "At ITC Construction Group, our reputation for quality, reliability and construction excellence has been achieved through diligent management through each stage of the construction process. We are committed to using the best tools in the industry to deliver on the promises we make to our clients and we are responsible for building complex, large-scale high rise residential developments. By using PlanGrid, we achieve superior drawings control," said Steve Rose, Construction Manager, at ITC Construction Group. "PlanGrid's ability to provide lightning-fast access to drawings in the field without internet connection is instrumental for our entire construction team, especially our site teams. PlanGrid has proven to be a useful, efficient, and accurate tool."
- "Progest is recognized for creativity, craftsmanship, and deep expertise in construction and design, and leading tech companies, like PlanGrid, help to usher a new era of productivity to our workforce," said Mike Gilmour, President, at Progest Construction. "By standardizing on PlanGrid, Progest Construction has strengthened communication across teams and time zones with every project stakeholder receiving the real-time updates needed to build better and stay informed on any device from the office, the road, or traveling abroad. I would recommend PlanGrid's mobile-first platform to anyone in the industry."
- "PlanGrid is so much easier than learning AutoCAD, or sending paper blueprints back and forth. The company makes it effortless to mark locations of data drops and hardware installs on new build-outs," said Nabeel Rahimpour, A/V Infrastructure Lead, at Shopify. "At Shopify, we have many use cases and stakeholders in our build projects including general contractors, project managers, and operations team members. PlanGrid is simple to use and makes sending information seamless throughout a project-our most used features include mark ups, and sharing locations of data drops and hardware installs in our new spaces."
- Like PlanGrid on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/plangrid
- Follow PlanGrid on Twitter:https://twitter.com/plangrid
- Explore PlanGrid's blog: https://blog.plangrid.com/
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 500,000 projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations. PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop, managing blueprints, specs, photos, RFIs, field reports, and punch lists. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. The company has secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations including Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, and several other leading investors. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
For further information: PlanGrid, Kristina Milian, +1-718-730-4821, Kristina@plangrid.com, https://www.plangrid.com