Influencing Skills system enables organizations to measure, teach and master critical professional skills to improve performance and drive growth
WELLESLEY, Mass., Nov. 4, 2013 /CNW/ - PI Worldwide, a leader in science-driven insights that help optimize the performance and potential of individuals, teams, and organizations, today announced the launch of its Influencing Skills system. As the latest addition to the company's Skill Suite, this new offering helps organizations measure and improve the key influencing skills that its employees need regardless of their business level or function. It is available as a stand-alone solution or it can be combined with other elements of PI Worldwide's Skill Suite and Behavior Suites.
Whether articulating ideas, presenting plans, or gaining "buy-in" on projects and strategies, business people today need to influence others successfully, both from within and outside their organizations. However, while influence is one of the most essential skills required for success in business, it is often the hardest to measure, teach and develop. PI Worldwide's new Influencing Skills system uses a proven four-step approach of benchmarking current skill levels, participating in classroom training, applying lessons and re-testing to enable leaders and managers in non-sales functions to drive measurable and sustainable change.
The Influencing Skills system is comprised of four key actions:
- Establish a Baseline: Influencers complete the Influencing Skills Assessment Tool™ (ISAT) -- a science-based assessment delivered as an online survey. Using the resulting data, organizations can accurately identify an individual's strengths and weaknesses in the influence process. The ISAT provides data-driven insight into areas of growth at three levels: individual contributors, teams and organization-wide in order to increase overall effectiveness.
- Adopt a Proven Process: Influencers attend the new Influencing for Results™ (IFR) workshop to ensure they receive the education they need to address all critical skills gaps. IFR is a one-day, instructor-led course that details a process to increase influence results with internal and external stakeholders. Participants learn to build consensus, motivate commitment and change, and extend their reach to dramatically improve business results.
- Apply the New Knowledge: Influencers put the new lessons into action on the job and in specific real-world scenarios over the course of the next three to six months.
- Measure and Evaluate Success: Influencers re-take the ISAT assessment and evaluate the changes between baseline scores and new skill levels to determine measurable improvements or to identify areas that can be further developed for even greater results.
"Organizations today have adopted a wide variety of working environments – including virtual workforces, flat organizations and highly collaborative businesses – that often have overlapping spans of control," says Nancy Martini, president and CEO of PI Worldwide. "This makes it critical for people to be able to collaborate effectively so they can deliver the right results. Effective leadership today relies more than ever on influencing others by impacting their ideas, opinions, and actions for both direct reports and the people over whom they may have no direct authority."
Please click on the links below for additional supporting resources:
- Infographic: Influencing skills
About PI Worldwide
Trusted advisors to a global client base, PI Worldwide and the 400 experienced consultants at our 45 member firms change the way clients find the right people, develop leaders at all levels, and achieve growth goals. Founded in 1955, PI Worldwide pioneered a new approach, based on the Predictive Index® assessment, for optimizing the performance and potential of individuals, teams and organizations. The company offers a unique combination of behavior and skill assessments based on a proven methodology incorporating data, technology, knowledge, and business expertise. More than 8,000 clients drive dramatically better business results by leveraging our data-driven solutions in 142 countries. Learn more at www.piworldwide.com.
For more information contact:
SOURCE: PI Worldwide
For further information:
PRN Photo Desk, [email protected]