Your Invitation To An Historic Day, 100 Years In The Making
MIDLAND, ON, May 22, 2012 /CNW/ - On Saturday, June 23, 2012, the S.S. Keewatin returns to Port McNicoll, ON bringing full circle a storied, 100-year route for the crown jewel in the Canadian Pacific Railway's once-mighty Great Lakes Steamship fleet.
The S.S. Keewatin is the last remaining Edwardian passenger steamship in the world, five years older than the Titanic and as luxuriously appointed. Skyline International Development Inc. celebrates the ship's historic return to the town of Port McNicoll not only as an homage to the region's rich past, but as the first step in its revitalized and prosperous future.
Once docked, the S.S. Keewatin will operate as a maritime museum, managed by the S.S. Keewatin Foundation.
YOU ARE INVITED TO BOARD THE MEDIA BOAT
To Accompany the S.S. Keewatin Home
We invite you to join in the celebration, as Town and area residents, honoured guests, thousands of visitors and we at Skyline, gather to welcome her home.
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper - Invited; Bruce Stanton, MP
- Premier Dalton McGuinty - Invited; Bob Runciman, MP - Invited;
- Garfield Dunlop, MPP
- Mayor Scott Warnock/Tay; Mayor Gordon McKay/Midland
- Skyline International Development Inc. (Gil Blutrich, Michael Sneyd, Kevin Toth, Dan Piggott, Harley Nakelsky, Eric Conroy)
- HGTV's Bryan Baeumler, Master of Ceremonies
WHAT: Port McNicoll community and area residents are devoting hundreds of hours of volunteer time to make the S.S. Keewatin's homecoming memorable for all.
WHEN: June 23, 2012
- 11:30 am - News Media Boat departs Midland, ON Dock
- Noon - Celebrations Begin (Port McNicoll Village Choir, Children's Community Choir, Georgian Bay Brass Band, Beausoleil First Nations Drum Group and Dancers)
- 2 pm - S.S. Keewatin Arrives at Port McNicoll Yacht Club
- 2:30 pm - Official Welcome/Speeches
To get on the Media Boat, no later than 11:30 a.m. and which will be docked in Midland, ON, all journalists, videographers and photographers will require an accredited boarding pass available from The Communications Group Inc. (see below)
Helicopter available for pre-registered/accredited News Videographers and Photographers.
For further information: