Pet Valu, considered an essential service, announces new store operations, including phone orders to ensure safety of its community
MARKHAM, ON, March 30, 2020 /CNW/ - Classified as an essential service, Pet Valu, a specialty retailer of premium pet food, treats and supplies is committed to remaining open to ensure pet parents can continue to purchase the food and supplies they need. To support this mission, Pet Valu has announced temporary changes to store operations to limit the physical interactions between associates and customers, as well as ensure the continued safe operation of all stores.
To ensure the community's safety, Pet Valu stores have implemented the following:
- Customers can now call their store to place their order by phone. Orders are then filled and ready for pick-up.
- Limiting the number of customers that can enter the store at any time to two (for safe social distancing).
- Shortening hours of operation to allow associates time to re-stock and sanitize stores (store hours may vary, so customers should call their local store for more information).
- Currently not accepting returns and extending the return policy period. Customers are being asked to keep the item(s) intended for return and associated receipt(s) until further notice.
- All customers are asked to have a list or photos of supplies ready, so that associates can help retrieve products. Customers will be directed to wait at the sanitized checkout counter to complete all in-store transactions. (Debit or credit is preferred at checkout; please note that some stores are no longer accepting cash at this time).
- Temporarily closing all self-serve dog wash stations and grooming salons.
- Cancelling all local events and postponing its annual Pet Appreciation Month and National Adoption Weekend, supporting local animal shelters and rescues.
"We believe taking these actions offer the best solutions for balancing our three main priorities: safety of our associates and devoted pet lover customers, servicing the essential needs of pets and maintaining a clean and sanitized work environment," says Richard Maltsbarger, president and CEO of Pet Valu. "I want to thank all of our associates and customers for working together through this difficult time to find the best ways possible to continue to care for the pets we all love."
Pet Valu is closely following all regulations regarding COVID-19 and continually keeping the safety and health of associates and customers top of mind. Visit petvalu.com for more information and updates.
About Pet Valu
Pet Valu, Inc. is a Canadian specialty retailer of pet food and pet-related supplies with more than 588 stores across Canada. The Pet Valu family of stores consists of Pet Valu Canada, Paulmac's Pet Foods, Bosley's by Pet Valu, Total Pet, and Tisol Pet Nutrition & Supply stores. To learn more about Pet Valu visit petvalu.com.
SOURCE Pet Valu Inc.
For further information: MEDIA CONTACT: Katherine Clark, Beacon Strategic Communications, [email protected], 416-453-3288