Canadians will now receive better rewards for using the Paytm App
TORONTO, Sept. 4, 2018 /CNW/ - Paytm Canada, a payments and financial services company that rewards Canadians for paying bills with their mobile platform, has refreshed its app with a variety of new features and incentives. The simplified user experience within the App now offers a frictionless method to collect Paytm Points and spend those points towards discounted gift cards.
"Since launching the Paytm Canada app in 2017, we have listened to the valuable feedback from thousands of Canadians and we are thrilled to be able to put these insights into action and deliver an exceptional user experience," said Harinder Takhar, CEO, Paytm Canada. "Every Canadian has a bill to pay, and our new features and incentive program seamlessly rewards our customers for a tedious yet necessity part of our everyday lives."
Enhanced Paytm App Key Features:
- Canadians get 1 point for every dollar spent to be redeemed at national brands, including Amazon, Uber, Tim Hortons, ESSO, Just Eat, Indigo, and many more.
- Collect free gift cards when redeeming a minimum of 5,000 points.
- Gift cards can also now be purchased with a credit card and topped up with Paytm points.
- Paytm points can be converted into Paytm Cash, which can instantly be used towards a bill payment or to send money nationwide.
- Users will collect 2,000 points when a direct referral pays their first bill through the App, and new users will receive 500 welcome points.
The Canadian-made company is a subsidiary of India's largest mobile payments provider, Paytm, which boasts more than 230 million users worldwide. One97 Communications – Paytm's parent company is backed by renowned investors including Ant Financial, Softbank, SAIF Partners and most recently by Warren Buffet's investment company Berkshire Hathaway.
The Paytm Canada mobile app is available to download for free from the Google Play store and Apple Store.
About Paytm Canada
Paytm Canada is an internationally recognized payments and financial services company based in Toronto that offers a mobile payments and commerce platform to consumers. Paytm Canada is a subsidiary of Paytm, India's largest mobile payments provider with more than 230 million users. In 2017, Paytm Canada launched its first consumer-facing mobile application allowing consumers to pay their bills using multiple payment options with no fees and collect rewards via their smartphone. As a registered MSB company regulated by FINTRAC, Paytm offers its users the ability to pay their bills – like mobile, city tax payments, credit card bills – from more than 5,000 providers on its network. For more information about the Paytm app, please visit: www.paytm.ca.
SOURCE Paytm Labs Inc.
For further information: Naqiyah Rampuri, Director, Human Resources & Communications, 416-728-4346, [email protected]