Speakers include writers, directors, producers, financiers, agents, and distributors behind such notable films as American Hustle, Crash, Foxcatcher, Little Miss Sunshine, Million Dollar Baby and recent projects such as Diary of a Teenage Girl, Room, Swiss Army Man and The Witch
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 11, 2016 /CNW/ -- Winston Baker, the leading global producer of entertainment and finance conferences, will present the first ever Script to Screen Summit on September 9, 2016 at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto, Canada. The goal of the summit is to provide aspiring filmmakers with the knowledge, tools and contacts to get their projects up and running.
"Nowadays, it's not just about gracing the big screens of every AMC, Regal and Cinemark - but more about keeping audiences entertained on their mobile screens," said Katherine Winston, Co-Founder, Winston Baker. "As the film industry continues to be disrupted by new types of content, resources of financing, and avenues for distribution, our hope is to educate the next generation of writers, directors, producers, agents, financiers, and distributors on innovative ways to thrive in the film business."
"The speaking faculty will provide tips and insight into what works in this competitive market. Discussions will include finding the perfect script; packaging the best talent; identifying production partners; and navigating the world of distribution. The summit will feature the industry's leading minds including Oscar award-winning writer, director and producer Paul Haggis," said Amy Baker, Co-Founder, Winston Baker.
Ontario native Paul Haggis was the first screenwriter to write two Best Film Oscar winners back-to-back with "Million Dollar Baby," directed by Clint Eastwood and "Crash," which Haggis directed. Most recently, Haggis directed the HBO mini-series "Show Me A Hero," and up next, he is set to work on "Ranger's Apprentice." Paul Haggis will open up the summit with a Keynote Conversation, followed by panel discussions with a seasoned speaking faculty:
- Stephanie Azam, Feature Film Executive, Telefilm
- Miranda Bailey, Producer, Cold Iron Pictures
- Jonathan Bronfman, Founder/Producer, JoBro Productions
- Joseph Cohen, President, American Entertainment Investors
- Robert Darwell, Partner, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
- Dennis Dembia, Senior Vice President, Rogers & Cowan
- Dan Fisher, Senior Director, Acquisitions, Gravitas Ventures
- John Hadity, Executive Vice President, Entertainment Partners, EP Financial Solutions
- Paul Hanson, Chief Executive Officer, Covert Media
- Jessica Lacy, Head of International and Independent Film, ICM Partners
- Matthew Liebmann, Senior Vice President, Movio
- Laurie May, Co-President, Elevation Pictures
- John Penotti, President, Sidney Kimmel Entertainment/Co-Founder, Ivanhoe Pictures
- Christina Piovesan, Producer, First Generation Films
- William Santor, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Productivity Media
- Peter Saraf, Co-Founder, Big Beach
- Brent Sherman, Literary Agent, The Characters Talent Agency
- Matthew Shreder, Managing Partner, Concourse Media
- John Zois, Senior Vice President of Acquisitions, IM Global
Winston Baker's Script to Screen Summit will be a half-day conference held during the Toronto International Film Festival. Sponsors and partners of the event include IM Global, Vine Alternative Investments, Akin Gump, Entertainment Partners, Sheppard Mullin, The Hollywood Reporter and FilmFestivals.com. Program updates and registration details are available on the summit website: www.script2screensummit.com.
About Winston Baker
Winston Baker produces conferences globally for the entertainment industry addressing strategies for finance, innovation and growth. In particular, Winston Baker is the leading producer of film finance conferences, successfully creating and organizing the Film Finance Forum® Series and hosting sold out conferences across the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, China, and Latin America. For more information: www.WinstonBaker.com / @WinstonBaker.
WINSTON | BAKER
SOURCE Winston Baker