- Seven-point plan outlines steps to transform Ontario PC Party for victory
- Brown officially registers to be candidate for leadership of PCPO
BRAMPTON, ON, Nov. 20, 2014 /CNW/ - Today, Patrick Brown released a seven-point action plan designed to lead the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario to victory against the Kathleen Wynne Liberals in the next election.
Mr. Brown also announced that he has formally registered to be a candidate for the leadership of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario.
"I am pleased to officially enter the race for leader of the PC Party of Ontario," said Brown. "I look forward to campaigning across the province in all 107 ridings and working to rebuild our proud party."
Patrick's Seven-Point Action Plan - For the Win
- Build a 100,000 strong, PC party membership, that reflects the diversity of Ontario. Aggressively fundraise to pay off our $7.6 million debt and build a substantial "Victory Fund" to support our efforts to win the next election in Ontario.
- Implement an open and transparent member-led process to ensure policies are developed by the party membership, and to ensure that the policy platform is approved in a super-caucus of candidates, MPPs and riding presidents.
- Attract and involve key stakeholders including teachers, nurses, fire fighters, police officers, public servants, not-for-profits, and the private sector.
- Integrate new Canadians into the PC Party and support their full participation in the democratic process.
- Listen and act for all Ontarians regardless of geography or profession. We must ensure our policy and party is reflective of regional voices. We are a party of inclusion.
- Leverage the success of Prime Minister Stephen Harper in Ontario by working with our federal cousins to win back the approximately 1 million conservatives who voted for our party federally in 2011 but not for the Ontario PC Party in 2011 and 2014. The PC Party of Ontario will appeal to and actively campaign for every Ontario riding.
- Run as a proud Progressive Conservative on time tested conservative values and ideals.
"I look forward to discussing my plan with all members of our party over the next six months, and demonstrating to them that I am the only candidate who can rebuild our party, and win the next election," continued Mr. Brown.
About Patrick Brown:
Patrick has been elected three times as Conservative Member of Parliament for Barrie. Like Prime Minister Harper, Patrick increased his plurality in each victory.
Patrick's work with new Canadian communities in the GTA and 20-years' experience in the Conservative movement make him uniquely able to build the broad, winning coalition the Ontario PC Party needs to win. For more information, please visit: www.VotePatrickBrown.ca
SOURCE: Patrick Brown for the Win
For further information: