Hit Makers and a Legendary Super Group Round-Out Awe-Inclusive Performances in Jamaica and Cancun
MIAMI, Dec. 22, 2015 /CNW/ -- Palace Resorts, the company that sets the standard in five-star, all-inclusive resort accommodations, is pleased to announce the brand's all-star lineup for the first and second quarters of 2016. "Never Gonna Give You Up" singer Rick Astley will take the stage at signature property Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun on February 12 and 13, 2016; "Cheerleader" singer, OMI, will perform at Ocho Rios' newest luxury resort, Moon Palace Jamaica Grande on February 27, 2016; legendary super group Foreigner is scheduled to delight guests of Cancun's entertainment destination on March 4 and 5, 2016; and Grammy-Award winner Shaggy will rock Moon Palace Jamaica Grande in "boombastic" style on April 9, 2016. In 2016 Palace Resorts will take the Moon Palace brand to new heights by further positioning Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort and Moon Palace Jamaica Grande as the leading hospitality provider of world-class entertainment in Mexico and the Caribbean. Palace Resorts is expected to announce additional performances by top-tier talent in the coming months, ensuring Moon Palace properties feature year-round entertainment from the biggest names in music.
The leader in awe-inclusive vacation experiences and world-class entertainment, Palace Resorts is offering guests who book a stay of five nights or more two complimentary tickets to the performances as part of the all-inclusive concept.
"The Palace Resorts brand has become synonymous with world-class entertainment after hosting concerts with A-list acts such as Shakira, Usher, Ricky Martin, The Beach Boys, Michael Bolton and Toto among others. Moon Palace's enviable reputation within the industry can be attributed to our ability to provide valued guests with a diverse mix of top tier entertainment appealing to a wide range of audiences from all walks of life including families, couples, baby boomers and millennials," said Gibran Chapur, Executive Vice President of Palace Resorts. "As we look to 2016, Palace Resorts is committed to continuing to offer an appealing array of acts at our signature property, Cancun's entertainment destination Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, as evident with our upcoming performances. Furthermore, we are confident lightening will strike twice, and the newly opened Moon Palace Jamaica Grande's exciting 2016 entertainment lineup will most certainly carry on the Moon Palace legacy in Jamaica."
Below is an overview of confirmed entertainment acts:
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun:
- February 12 & 13, 2016: Rick Astley at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun. The "Never Gonna Give You Up" singer, songwriter and radio personality rose to fame after his No. 1 hit single was released in 1987, climbing to the top of the charts in 25 countries. Having sold an impressive 40 million records worldwide, the English singer, will perform his popular hits during a live concert at the Moon Palace Arena, where guests will enjoy a pre-show dinner at 7:00 p.m. before the concert kicks off at 9:00 p.m.
- March 4 & 5, 2016: Foreigner, at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun. Guests will be treated to two truly unforgettable performances by Foreigner at the Moon Palace Arena, where guests will enjoy a pre-show dinner at 7:00 p.m. before the concert kicks off at 9:00 p.m. Led by founding vocalist Mick Jones, the legendary super group is responsible for some of rock and roll's most timeless songs including their biggest hit single, "I Want to Know What Love Is." With global sales of more than 80 million records, Foreigner continues to tour around the world and is one of the best-selling bands of all time.
Moon Palace Jamaica Grande, Ocho Rios:
- February 27, 2016: Jamaican-American singer, OMI at Moon Palace Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios. After sky-rocketing to fame in 2015 with the global success of his chart-toping single, "Cheerleader," pop sensation OMI will take the stage where he will delight guests with hits from his debut album, "Me 4 U."
- April 9, 2016: Grammy-Award winning singer, philanthropist and entertainer Shaggy at Moon Palace Jamaica Grande. Orville Richard Burrell, best known by his stage name Shaggy and hit single "Angel," is a Jamaican singer and deejay who won a Grammy for his album "Boombastic," and earned nominations for the reggae fusion hits "It Wasn't Me," "Clothes Drop," "Intoxication" and "Hotshot." Shaggy received Billboard's Male Artist of the Year and Male Album Artist of the Year and was nominated by the American Music Awards as the Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist, Rap/Hip-Hop Artist and International Artist of the year.
Moon Palace Jamaica Grande began welcoming guests July 2015 and is strategically situated on the north coast of Jamaica, accessible from the Montego Bay airport. Following a multimillion dollar transformation of what was formerly the iconic Sunset Jamaica Grande, Moon Palace Jamaica Grande now boasts more than 700 guestrooms and suites with oceanfront views of the Caribbean Sea. Moon Palace Jamaica Grande features an array of luxurious amenities including Jamaica's largest spa, Awe Spa, a FlowRider® Double-wave simulator, five unique dining destinations, the ultra-chic Noir nightclub, a dolphin habitat and much more. The hotel features 17-acres of ivory sand on the longest stretch of private beach in Ocho Rios.
The AAA Four Diamond Award, Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort is located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, nestled between 123 acres of tropical foliage and secluded white sand beach. Comprised of three luxurious sections – Moon Grand, Sunrise and Nizuc – Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort completed a 100 million dollar enhancement project in 2014 which included renovations and upgrades to guest rooms, lobbies, the gymnasium, refreshed meeting spaces, restaurant additions and more. Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort's enhancement project also included the creation of exciting new amenities and attractions such as a FlowRider® Double wave simulator, the resort's nightclub, Noir, Wired Teen Lounge, an authentic English bar known simply as, "The Pub," a new kids club, "The Playroom," and Moon Palace Arena.
Guests who book a stay of five nights or more are privy to the most valuable vacation promotion on record - $1,500 Resort Credit, which can be used on spa and beauty salon treatments, golf outings, romantic dinners, wedding packages, and off-site excursions and tours. Palace Resorts' all-inclusive accommodations start at $172 per person, per night, based on double occupancy. To reserve your Palace Resorts stay, please visit www.PalaceResorts.com, call (866) 424-4623 or contact your preferred travel professional
For downloadable high resolution images, visit:
- Moon Palace 2016 Entertainment Lineup: Click to Retrieve File(s)
- Moon Palace Jamaica Grande: Click to Retrieve File(s)
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort: Click to Retrieve File(s)
About Palace Resorts
With eight oceanfront resorts overlooking the sparkling turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea, Palace Resorts sets the highest standards for five-star all-inclusive vacations in Mexico and Jamaica. Offering luxurious and spacious accommodations accentuated by signature in-room double whirlpool tubs, nightly entertainment, the Caribbean's most extravagant spas and premier Jack Nicklaus signature golf courses, Palace Resorts sets the stage for a truly exceptional experience for travelers. The unparalleled level of service and comfort found at each property makes Palace Resorts a leading provider of world-class resort vacations.
SOURCE Palace Resorts
For further information: Robert J. Martinez, Newlink Communications, 305.961.7614, Robert.Martinez@newlink-group.com, http://www.PalaceResorts.com