Tourism Week in Ontario Kicks off Marketing Campaign
TORONTO, June 1, 2015 /CNW/ - Travellers are invited to pack their suitcases and explore Ontario this summer!
With the arrival of warm weather and sunshine, Ontario's tourism marketing agency, the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC), has launched its Best of Ontario spring/summer campaign that includes a new magazine, a trip planning tool and regional celebrations.
The spring/summer campaign features The Annual Best of Ontario magazine with hundreds of tourism ideas to help vacationers plan getaways across all of Ontario's 13 tourism regions. From the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games to urban escapes, exciting festivals, culinary and wine tastings, family beach fun and must-see attractions, Ontario offers memorable travel and lifestyle experiences for everyone.
This year's campaign also aligns with the launch of a new Trip Planner tool on www.ontariotravel.net where travellers can create their own customized travel plan, including attractions, accommodations, events, packages and personal points of interest. For those who want the ease of just 'hitting the road', the Trip Planner features 16 pre-planned itineraries across Ontario curated to satisfy different interests and themes. And, for travellers to reach Ontario vacation ideas and planning right at their fingertips, a refreshed 'Discover Ontario' mobile app will launch later in June with a new look, feel and functionality.
As the season kicks off, the Best of Ontario will be celebrated during Tourism Week in Ontario, May 31 to June 6. Special regional events will be at Ontario Travel Information Centres (OTICs) in Barrie on May 28, Windsor on June 2, St. Catharines on June 3 and Sault Ste. Marie on June 5, to showcase local tourism products, attractions and festivals. Throughout the week, all 11 OTICs will host open houses. Tourism Week will culminate with an Ontario Tourism Day celebration on June 5 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Yonge/Dundas Square in Toronto. Ontarians are invited to come out to experience culinary flavours, festival entertainment, outdoor attractions and a fun zone to entertain kids.
"2015 is going to be a great time to take a vacation in Ontario. With the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games and so many other exciting events happening across the province, now's your chance to enjoy tourism experiences right here at home. With summer just around the corner, I hope all Ontarians use Tourism Week in Ontario as an opportunity to get inspired and plan ahead.
- "Michael Coteau, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
"The Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation is pleased to promote the Best of Ontario as the summer season begins. The adventures that exist across the province are exciting and dynamic. They will appeal to individuals, couples, families or friends looking for that great vacation trip. We're thrilled to be working with our Ontario tourism partners - from the north to the southwest, eastern Ontario and everywhere in between - to promote the best vacations in Ontario."
- Ronald Holgerson, President and CEO, Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
"Tourism Week is a great time to highlight all that Ontario has to offer its visitors - from near and far. Ontario tourism businesses are getting ready to welcome the world this summer season, and the Trip Planner will help make it easier for visitors to discover Ontario."
- Beth Potter, President and CEO, Tourism Industry Association of Ontario
- Tourism is an important economic driver. 2012 figures indicate that tourism supported over 359,400 jobs and generated $28 billion for Ontario's economy.
- There are 13 Ontario Regional Tourism Organizations across Ontario that support tourism product development and marketing of Ontario's tourism industry.
- Visitors are encouraged to share their Ontario tourism experience using #DiscoverON.
- Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation is an agency of the Government of Ontario with a vision to position Ontario as a preferred global destination.
- View The Annual Best of Ontario magazine online.
- Enter the "Win Your Suitcase" contest online (opens June 5) at www.ontariotravel.net, valued at $5,000.
- Learn more about OTMPC, its programs and partnership opportunities.
- Discover more about Ontario activities and destinations.
If you do not wish to receive electronic messages regarding OTMPC news, please e-mail [email protected] indicating "unsubscribe".
SOURCE Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
Image with caption: "Pack Your Suitcase for the Best of Ontario This Summer (CNW Group/Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150601_C9487_PHOTO_EN_43477.jpg
For further information:
Corporate Communications Manager, OTMPC
10 Dundas Street East, Suite 900
Toronto, Ontario M7A 2A1