Airline adds non-stop service to Florida this winter
CALGARY, Aug. 13, 2018 /CNW/ - WestJet guests in Saskatoon will have a new route taking them to the sun this winter. Starting December 7, 2018, WestJet will begin weekly, non-stop service between Skyxe Saskatoon Airport and Orlando International Airport.
In addition to the new route, WestJet also announced service between Saskatoon and Calgary will increase from six daily flights to eight daily flights each business day.
"Our guests in Saskatoon are valuable to WestJet and we appreciate the ongoing support from the community," said Tim Croyle, WestJet Interim Executive Vice-President, Commercial. "This flight to Orlando is sure to entice guests to head south for some sun all while enjoying convenient non-stop access along with WestJet's award-winning guest experience on the way. We look forward to flying Saskatonians to Orlando during those cold winter days."
The new service is part of WestJet's seasonal schedule for winter 2018/2019 which also includes a new non-stop, twice weekly flight from Calgary to Montego Bay, Jamaica and additional flights from WestJet hubs to domestic, transborder, international and sun destinations including Maui, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Orlando, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta and Belize among others.
"Skyxe looks forward to welcoming weekly nonstop WestJet service to Orlando," said Stephen Maybury, President & CEO, Skyxe Saskatoon Airport. "WestJet is a valued air service partner which provides our guests with an extensive domestic network augmented with a variety of nonstop winter destinations."
"Orlando International Airport is excited about welcoming new visitors from our neighbour to the north," said Phil Brown, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority CEO. "Adding a new non-stop destination from Canada, one of our largest international markets, increases our ability to share Florida's warm hospitality and provides us with more opportunities to introduce travellers to The Orlando Experience."
December 7, 2018
Orlando – Saskatoon
December 7, 2018
This winter, WestJet will operate an average of 701 daily flights to 96 destinations including 39 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 34 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and one in Europe.
- New non-stop twice-weekly service between Calgary and Montego Bay.
- An additional daily flight from Vancouver to Nanaimo.
- An increase of one daily flight from Edmonton to Kelowna for a total of seven flights a day each business day.
- Edmonton-Los Angeles, from six weekly flights to seven weekly flights.
- Edmonton-Orlando from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Edmonton-Cabo San Lucas from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Calgary-Nanaimo, from two times daily to three times daily or 21 weekly flights.
- Calgary-Kamloops, from two times daily to three times daily or 21 weekly flights.
- Calgary-Kelowna, from seven times daily to nine times daily each business day, or 59 weekly flights - more than any other carrier.
- Calgary-Fort St. John will double service from once daily to twice daily.
- Calgary-Grand Prairie, from four times daily to five times daily each business day.
- Calgary-Yellowknife, will double service from once daily to twice daily.
- Calgary-Regina, from six daily flights to seven daily flights or 49 weekly.
- Calgary-Maui, from four weekly flights to seven weekly flights.
- Calgary-Phoenix, from 20 to 21 times weekly or three times daily.
- Calgary-Las Vegas, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Orlando, from five to seven times weekly.
- Calgary-Cancun, from 16 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Cabo San Lucas, from eight weekly flights to 10 weekly flights.
- Calgary-Huatulco, from two weekly flights to three weekly flights.
- Calgary-Mazatlan, from three weekly to four weekly.
- Calgary-Puerto Vallarta, from 14 to 19 times weekly.
- Calgary-Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, from four weekly to five times weekly.
- Calgary-Belize, from one to two times weekly.
- Calgary-Nashville seasonal route ending will now be November 26, 2018 and will resume on March 1, 2019.
- Extension of existing summer service through the winter, including the new WestJet Link service between Calgary and Cranbrook, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Lloydminster and Prince George.
- Toronto-Las Vegas, from 14 weekly flights to 15 weekly.
- Toronto-Fort Lauderdale from 12 weekly flights to 16 weekly.
- Toronto-Orlando, from 15 weekly to 18 times weekly.
- Toronto-Tampa, from seven weekly to eight times weekly.
- Toronto-Kingston, from two to three times weekly.
- Toronto-Grand Cayman, from two weekly flights to three times weekly.
- Toronto-Nassau, from nine weekly flights to 12 weekly flights
- Toronto-Turks and Caicos, from two weekly flights to four times weekly.
- Toronto-San Juan, from one weekly flight to two times weekly.
- Toronto-St. Maarten, will operate four times weekly.
- Toronto-London (ON), from 14 weekly flights to 21 weekly flights or three times daily.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet's 2018/2019 winter schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new.
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships. WestJet Vacations offers affordable, flexible vacations to more than 60 destinations and the choice of more than 800 hotels, resorts, condos and villas. Members of the WestJet Rewards program earn WestJet dollars on flights, vacation packages and more. Members use WestJet dollars towards the purchase of flights and vacations packages to any WestJet destination with no blackout periods, and have access to Member Exclusive fares offering deals to WestJet destinations throughout our network and those of our partner airlines.
WestJet is proud to be recognized as Best Airline in Canada and Travellers' Choice winner – North America for 2017 and 2018 in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards for Airlines. The airline was also named the Travellers' Choice Winner – Economy, North America, 2018. All awards are based on authentic reviews from the travelling public on TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site. We are one of very few airlines globally that does not commercially overbook.
Recent recognition includes:
2018 North America's Best Low-Cost Airline (Skytrax)
2018/2017 Best Airline in Canada and Travellers' Choice Winner Mid-Sized and Low Cost Airlines – North America (TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards for Airlines)
2018 Travellers' Choice Winner – Economy, North America (TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards for Airlines)
2018/2017/2016 Canada's Most Trusted Airline (Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria)
2016 Canada's most reputable company for Corporate Social Responsibility (Reputation Institute)
2016/2015/2014/2013/2012 Ranked top three for Canadian Brands (Canadian Business Magazine)
2016/2015/2014/2013 WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ranked #1 in Canada (MoneySense magazine)
Connect with WestJet on Facebook at facebook.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Twitter at twitter.com/westjet
Subscribe to WestJet on YouTube at youtube.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Instagram instagram.com/westjet
Read the WestJet blog at blog.westjet.com
SOURCE WESTJET, an Alberta Partnership
For further information: Media contacts: To contact WestJet media relations, please email email@example.com.