EDMONTON, May 10, 2013 /CNW/ - The College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) will honour eight registered nurses during its 14th annual CARNA Awards of Nursing Excellence Gala at the Hyatt Regency Calgary on Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
The recipients along with many other Alberta registered nurses and nurse practitioners are being celebrated across Canada during National Nursing Week, May 6 - 12.
Each recipient has made an outstanding contribution in their respective area of practice.
- Nursing Excellence in Clinical Practice: Judith Willey, CASA Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health
- Nursing Excellence in Education: Frankie Wong, Foothills Medical Centre
- Nursing Excellence in Administration: Kathleen Soltys, AHS Immunization and Sexual Response Team
- Nursing Excellence in Research: Wendy Duggleby, University of Alberta
- Rising Star: Bobbi Spady, Stollery Children's Hospital
- Nursing Excellence, Committee's Choice: Deb Chalupa, Misericordia Community Hospital
- Nursing Excellence, Lifetime Achievement: Norma Jackson, Brenda Strafford Foundation
- Partner in Health: Whitehorn Village Retirement Community, Calgary
High resolution photos for each recipient are available on request. All biographies may be reprinted at no cost with notice to CARNA.
CARNA is the professional and regulatory body for Alberta's more than 33,000 RNs, including nurses in direct care, education, research and administration as well as nurse practitioners. Its mandate is to protect the public by ensuring that Albertans receive effective, safe and ethical care by registered nurses. For more information, visit www.nurses.ab.ca.
SOURCE: College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
For further information:
To arrange an interview or photo opportunity, contact:
Communications Coordinator, CARNA