Major funding for Artist in Residence Distillerie in Gatineau
GATINEAU, QC, April 3, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
Businesses need to be able to rely on adequate resources to create and commercialize innovative products. By supporting innovation and entrepreneurial vitality, the Government of Canada and Investissement Québec are helping generate economic benefits for businesses and communities.
Steven MacKinnon, Member of Parliament for Gatineau and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Public Works and Procurement, acting on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED), announced that a repayable contribution of $300,000 has been awarded to AiR Distillerie for start-up operations. Investissement Québec is supporting the project by granting a loan of $400,000 from its own funds.
The funding from CED is being granted through the Quebec Economic Development Program. It will help the company, which also goes by the name "Artist in Residence Distillerie," to adhere to the highest distilling, bottling, rinsing and handling standards in its production. The microdistillery is housed in a newly constructed building and its artisanal production capacity is one of the largest in the country, enabling it to develop exclusive products.
"A project like this one gives real meaning to the word "entrepreneurship." It indicates the capacity to turn a potential need into a tangible achievement, as shown by the opening of this microdistillery in Outaouais. Sincere congratulations on this wonderful success, which reflects once again the vitality and know-how of Gatineau residents and Canadians."
Steven MacKinnon, Member of Parliament for Gatineau and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Public Services and Procurement
"With this support for AiR Distillerie, the Government of Canada is showing once again that it is committed to the economic development of Quebec regions. We are determined to support entrepreneurs and encourage them to invest to ensure their growth and that of the Canadian economy."
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for CED
"AiR Distillerie is among the Outaouais enterprises that are providing numerous opportunities to innovate and and integrate technology into their business practices to stay competitive and keep Quebec competitive in the food-processing sector. We are therefore proud to support the company's efforts to produce and commercialize unique products that will help our region set itself apart on domestic and international markets."
Stéphanie Vallée, Member for Gatineau, Minister of Justice and Minister responsible for the Outaouais region
"Our Government's economic vision rests on three main pillars: entrepreneurship, innovative manufacturing and exports. We are therefore thrilled about announcements like this one regarding AiR Distillerie, which strengthen the expertise of Quebec's manufacturers and help maintain a steady course toward prosperity for Quebec."
Dominique Anglade, Deputy Premier, Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy
"Artist in Residence is an ultramodern microdistillery that truly embraces a new way of thinking and crafting. We are not rejecting the traditions that dominate distilleries as much as turning them on their heads to develop products in response to emerging trends. CED's contribution, combined with the support from Investissement Québec, is key to the pursuit of our goals."
Pierre Mantha, President, AiR Distillerie
"At Investissement Québec, supporting our innovative manufacturers is a strategic priority. It is therefore natural that we would provide funding for the Artist in Residence project. The agri-food sector is a major source of innovation and wealth for Quebec."
Pierre Gabriel Côté, Chief Executive Officer, Investissement Québec
- AiR Distillerie currently produces a low-calorie, low-alcohol vodka called Vodkalight and a gin called Waxwing Bohemian Gin, both distilled from Quebec corn. Two more products are being developed, a moonshine-type spirit and a whiskey.
- CED is one of the six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
- For more information on CED's key directions until 2021, consult Strategic Plan 2021 or visit www.dec-ced.gc.ca.
- Investissement Québec's mission is to promote the growth of investment in Quebec, thereby contributing to economic development and job creation in all the regions. The corporation provides businesses with a full range of financial solutions, including loans, loan guarantees and equity investment, to support them at every stage of their development. It is also responsible for administering tax measures and investment prospecting abroad.
- To learn more about support for innovative manufacturers, visit www.manufacturiersinnovants.com.
- Follow CED on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Follow AiR Distillerie on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Follow Investissement Québec on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
SOURCE Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
For further information: Media Relations, Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions, Tel.: 514-283-7443, Email: [email protected]; Isabelle Fontaine, Senior Director, Public and Governmental Affairs, Investissement Québec, Tel.: 514-876-9359