Development support for two Estrie region businesses
SHERBROOKE, QC, Feb. 18, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
The governments of Canada and Quebec have granted a total of $465,000 in financial assistance to two innovative Sherbrooke businesses: CIBLE Solutions d'affaires (CIBLE) and Samson Odours Specialty (SOS Odours).
With this funding, CIBLE will carry out marketing activities in Canada and abroad for its new online donation management tool. SOS Odours intends to purchase new production equipment, complete leasehold improvements and hire chemistry, engineering and information technology experts. The investment generated by these projects is estimated at $1,601,461.
The announcement was made today by the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Member of Parliament for Compton–Stanstead and Minister of International Development, acting on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED); and Geneviève Hébert, MNA for Saint-François and Deputy Government Whip, acting on behalf of Pierre Fitzgibbon, Minister of Economy and Innovation.
Through CED, in the form of repayable contributions, the Government of Canada has awarded $250,000 to CIBLE under its Regional Economic Growth through Innovation program, and $95,000 to SOS Odours under the Quebec Economic Development Program.
The Government of Quebec has granted CIBLE a non-repayable contribution of $20,000 through the Export Program to hire an export specialist. SOS Odours has received a repayable interest-free loan of $100,000 under the ESSOR program.
"We believe that one of Quebec's greatest assets for ensuring strong economic development is leveraging the potential of women entrepreneurs. CIBLE and SOS Odours are two wonderful examples of women's entrepreneurial daring. I am proud of CED's support for these two innovative businesses. By helping them invest in marketing strategies that will assist their entry into new markets and in production equipment that will improve their performance, the Government of Canada is standing by its commitments to drive expansion, innovation and exports."
The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Member of Parliament for Compton–Stanstead and Minister of International Development
"With its Innovation and Skills Plan, the Government of Canada has introduced an ambitious approach to supporting innovative Canadian businesses, like CIBLE and SOS Odours, that are coming up with new ways of creating value and looking to capture new markets. This represents a firm commitment to the creation of sustainable jobs and to the prosperity of the community."
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for CED
"Owing to the region's geographic location, Estrie has always enjoyed privileged access to the U.S. market. The Government of Quebec now wants to support businesses in capturing other markets, such as Europe. By further supporting exports and SMEs, the Government of Quebec will help the regions become more prosperous."
Geneviève Hébert, MNA for Saint-François and Deputy Government Whip
"The government is proud to help SMEs advance in their development by providing them with the tools and financial levers they need to further their growth and modernization. With more projects like those announced today, Quebec will be able to claim an even more prominent place on the world stage."
Pierre Fitzgibbon, Quebec Minister of Economy and Innovation
"In a context where Imagine Canada predicts a social deficit reaching $25 billion in the next ten years, foundations and organizations will need to rethink their approaches to increase donations from the general public. At CIBLE, we are very proud of having developed the Donna Interactive Suite, an all-in-one web solution aimed at optimizing the management of online donations and relationships with donors. Thanks to the funding from both levels of government, we will be marketing the Donna Interactive Suite on the Canadian, U.S. and European markets. We will also continue to grow and expand our business by creating nearly forty jobs in the next two years."
Nathalie Ashby, President and Founder of CIBLE
- CED is one of the six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
- The Export Program (site in French only) targets Quebec companies that want to improve their export-readiness or strengthen their export capacity and consolidate and diversify their markets outside Quebec.
- The ESSOR program (site in French only) supports investment projects carried out in Quebec, with a view to enhancing competitiveness and productivity, creating jobs and ensuring sustainable development.
- CIBLE (site in French only) is a communications and marketing agency providing graphic design, marketing strategy and web tool and site creation services.
- SOS Odours develops and manufactures cutting-edge odour neutralizing products.
- For more information on CED and its priorities, consult the 2018-2019 Departmental Plan or visit www.dec-ced.gc.ca.
- To receive real-time news releases from the Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation, subscribe to the appropriate RSS news feed at www.economie.gouv.qc.ca/rss (in French only).
CED on social media
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CanEconDev
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dec-ced
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuGx3HuidfI7gTHobNrctJA
Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovationon social media
- Twitter: twitter.com/economie_quebec
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/EconomieQc
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/économie-québec
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/MDEIEQuebec
SOURCE Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
For further information: Contacts, Jason Ménard, Press Secretary, Office of the MNA for Saint-François and Deputy Government Whip, Tel.: 819-943-4313; Mathieu St-Amand, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Economy and Innovation, Tel.: 418-691-5650; Information, Jean-Pierre D'Auteuil, Media Relations Officer, Communications Directorate, Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation, Tel.: 418-691-5698, extension 4868, Cell: 418-559-0710; Dani Keenan, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Tel.: 343-291-1710; Media Relations, CED, Tel.: 514-283-7443, Email: email@example.com