TORONTO, Dec. 6, 2018 /CNW/ - The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is seeking applications for membership on its Fintech Advisory Committee (FAC).
The FAC advises OSC LaunchPad staff on developments in the fintech space and the challenges faced by start-ups in the securities industry. OSC LaunchPad is a dedicated team that engages with fintech businesses, provides guidance and flexibility in navigating securities regulatory requirements, and works to keep regulation in step with digital innovation.
The FAC will meet quarterly, with additional meetings as required. The FAC is chaired by Pat Chaukos, Deputy Director, OSC LaunchPad, and will consist of up to 15 members. Membership terms will be for one year. Members will be selected based on whether they have direct experience in one or more of the following:
- Digital platforms (e.g., crowdfunding portals, crypto-asset trading platforms, online advisers);
- Crypto-assets or distributed ledger technologies (e.g., blockchain);
- Data science or artificial intelligence (AI);
- Venture capital, financial services, securities, legal or accounting experience with a focus on the fintech or technology sector;
- Fintech or technology entrepreneurship;
- Compliance or regulatory technology (RegTech) solutions; or
- Cryptography or cybersecurity.
Interested parties should submit a résumé indicating their relevant experience by January 4, 2019.
Applications and questions regarding the FAC can be addressed to:
Fintech Coordinator, OSC LaunchPad
Ontario Securities Commission
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca.
SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
For further information: For Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org; For Investor Inquiries: OSC Contact Centre, 416-593-8314, 1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)